“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Currumbin, Australia
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Well as we have often stayed here in the past with the old owners we were going to stay somewhere else but it got the better of us and decided to give it a go and all I can say is from the moment I phoned to make the reservation I new it was the best decision the new team were very happy friendly and helpful and gave us a great re-opening special. The new management team are very professional and we couldn't fault them at all. The restaurant was great value also. Glad we phoned up again and booked direct and not a $79 WOTIF special which we could have jumped at the great price but stuck with our spa room at a great price it goes to say if you spend a little more you'll always walk away happy well we definately did and after being worried with new owners I think they are way better definatlely look forward to a year of travelling for work again I know where we will be staying :) Thanks Alisha, Monica and Amanda we look forward to seeing you all again and good luck!!

Room Tip: Call direct they are great and happy to help you
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed overnight on the way home to Sydney with my 6 month old son. Despite having prepaid they had trouble finding my booking. The air conditioning was not working and it was 30 degrees, so very uncomfortable. The kettle had to of been at least 30 years old, the bathroom fitting looked about the same. The bed felt like it was made of cheap foam, so also not comfortable. The tv was very old also. All in all they place could do with a major refurbishment. The most disappointing thing was that the pool was not available due to maintainance and at no point was I advised of this until I got myself and my son ready for a swim and walked down to find a sign on the fence... It might have been nice to be informed off this at check in. I paid $89 for the room for 1 night but I understand that the normal rate for this room is $120, and I frankly would not recommend paying that much... There are probably cheaper but better quality places in Coffs Harbour.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Kmbrly84

Travelers are raving about these Coffs Harbour hotels

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We booked an overnight stopover in Coffs Harbour on the way back to Sydney from the Sunshine Coast. We were first given room 25; we were first greeted with a very old fridge that was in very poor condition and was not working, so full of water. The overall condition of the room was very dated and shabby. We were then moved to room 30 which was equally as dated and shabby, certainly seen better days way back when! The overall cleanliness of the room was very poor and the carpet was stained, the room also had a stale odour. The air-conditioning was the very noisy, old wall type so when we tried to get to sleep it was a toss up between the traffic on the highway or the air-conditioner to decide which was the noisiest. There was also inconsistencies between the two rooms, the first had a flat screen TV and a hairdryer yet the second had a very old TV and no hair dryer. Although wireless internet was included in the price there was no information provided and we had to call the reception to ask about it. The tea/coffee making facilities left a lot to be desired! The kettle was a very old, whistler, type that did no automatically cut off when it boiled. The cups and tea/coffee were kept in a cupboard that was also home to a cockroach! We will not be staying again!!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie K
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I saw some previous reviews and they were somewhat mixed but appear to lift in quality since this place changed management. Also evidenced by the banner that's been erected out the front stating "Under New Management".

We used this on our journey from Victoria to QLD Sunshine Coast as a one night stop. Being at the point in our trip that allowed us more spare time off the road, I lashed out and booked something more comfy, one of their spa suites. Quite amazingly, you can get one of these for a louzy $110 a night.

Our room consisted of a bathroom and an open room with large oval shaped spa. There's also a rear balcony out back with table and chairs. We found it more than adequate for what we needed.

The location is good. Just over the hill is a major shopping centre and right next door is the Big Banana. Being right on the Pacific Highway was the winner for us so that we could stop then keep travelling without any navigational hassles.

There is a restaurant on site that we used for dinner. I had a lovely steak and my wife had a salad. The restaurant also offers a morning buffet breakfast for something like $10 a person. Out the rear of the restaurant is the bar area with an outdoor deck with seating overlooking the pool area.

Extremely good value for money.

Room Tip: Lash out with a spa suite, very cheap at $110 a night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the executive King suite in early January. The room was quite large and spacious and in close proximity to the front desk/restaurant and pool.

Located right next to the Big Banana but on the main Pacific Higway so road noise can be heard.

The room itself was quite old and dated in my opinion. The TV took a lot to get going and the reception was terrible. The remote needed replacing. The air conditioner struggled to make a dent and it was cooler outside :(. We had a 3.5 month old baby with us so air temperature was important. Luckily for us she slept through. Stained carpets as well.

We avoided the breakfast on this occasion. I didn't believe a continental breakfast was worth $10 each (no cooked food).

The pool as amazing though. Very nice setting, large and warm. Great for a late night dip.

I would stay here again if the price was right!

• Stayed January 2013
Warwick, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during my visit to Coffs Habour on 25th (Christmas day). I stayed in two bed room apartment with my family. It is clean and got swimming pool and nice BBQ area. I certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 815nhl
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed recently at Coffs Harbour on our way to and from the Gold Coast just before the Xmas holidays. The rooms were clean and well maintained. Our kids enjoyed the evening swim in the pool. The new management team were professional and very friendly. As a father of 4 I really enjoyed the stay and the rest from driving. I liked being close to the Big Banana.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family