“Unprofessional”

Best Western Zebra Motel
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Coffs Harbour
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Someone just opened our door without even knocking on the door. I had a chat with the management and they said they're doing renovations. It's so unprofessional to just open the door without even knocking we felt unsafe and very uneasy. The receptionist is rude. Not happy at all. And very expensive for the facilities it have!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ina O
There are newer reviews for Best Western Zebra Motel

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was on my way to QLD I decided to stop halfway found myself in a place where their was a bunch of motels in the same street I decided to pick zebra because it was a best western and a familiar brand and seemed to be the best looking one on the block, so I did to my surprise not only did it have an African name it had African decor and African food which I never tried before. So I stayed one night, the bed was very comfy and was a very nice room. I also had dinner which was amazing and very different, the staff were helpful and very bubbly which made the atmosphere great. I would most definitely stay at this place again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Darkregal
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stopped here after a long drive. The staff was above and beyond friendly. The rooms where clean and the beds comfortable. We also booked a dinner at the restaraunt there, as it turned out, the food was African food. It was very good and didn't,t take long at all. So if you like different and are not afraid of trying something new, go here.....Just a down home home earthy place.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were told that no one really books ahead and just head to Coffs Harbor and get a hotel. That was probably our first mistake. It meant a lot of driving around looking for hotels that didn't look shady. Our hotel of choice was booked full, so we saw the Best Western and thought, eh, the zebra thing is kind of funny. They even showed us a room before we checked in, but it wasn't the room we stayed in. They gave us a discount because my brother works a best westerns, but the discount disappeared when it turned out that the credit card I was using had a service charge.

The bathroom was awful. Tile that felt unclean, and the tiled shower made me wish I had sandals to wear in it. Everything seemed like it was left over from the 70's in the bathroom (wall mounted dispensers that didn't work well). Including the toilet, it didn't flush well and smelled like old urine.

I'm sure it wasn't actually as dirty I thought it was but I could just not get comfortable in the room. And felt gross the entire time.

I wish we would've just gone and picked some place else but we had driven all day and we were tired of price checking places.

So our own fault? yes. But for the price it should've been a much nicer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stealingsouls
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The office staff made us very welcome and went above and beyond to give us a fabulous king room which was clean, spacious and well appointed. Breakfast the next morning was great, we were lucky enough to book at the same time as a bus group and enjoyed a hot buffet breakfast. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Narelle S
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The one thing which sticks out for this overnight stay was the friendly staff and welcome they provided. The check in process was informative and the restaurant availability was explained as they have a complicated menu which requires 45 minutes notice for preparation. The room was situated at the rear of the property away from traffic noise and the internet was included in the rate. The bathroom was newly renovated and the room was clean and comfortable to spend a night in. Close to Coffs Harbour main CBD and along the Motel strip, there is a restaurant on site or local restaurants available.

Room Tip: There are rooms upstairs and downstairs - check availability of downstairs rooms if you want to save...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brissiegurl
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Amazing place to stay rooms are very nice, beds are very comfortable, clean and tidy. The restaurant had delicious food and the staff were attentive and pleasant will pass through to stay at this motel again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013