“The best value restaurant pizza you will find with great flavour”
Review of Amalfi

Amalfi
Ranked #85 of 229 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Amalfi's is popular for it's excellent value. Very cheap pizza which still tastes amazing. The atmosphere is lacking though and the service is good but nothing special. The seating is in a side room to the staff so they have to come back and forth. There is also seating on the street. I would recommend this if you want value pizza but it is not a stand out dining experience.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I just love this place .
My favourite restaurant in all of Coffs ,and one of the best meals I have ever eaten .Yes the service is slow , the place is noisy and crowded !
Who cares ! .....I love the atmosphere of them hand making fresh dough ,of the people lining up wishing they had made a booking , everyone wanting there takeaways to be ready while I am eating the amazing lemon veal and pizza that is out of this world .
the experience is wonderful I feel like I am in a ...."little Italian cafe " in Coffs , for that the experience is priceless . They have bowls of fresh pasta at lunch for $6 ....
I am going to have my 50th birthday here this year ,wouldn't go anywhere else !

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is one of the best and non expensive restaurants in Coffs. The food is unreal from Pizza, Pasta to a meal. Cooked by true Italians. A group of us go every week and never get sick of it. A good idea to book as can get very busy. It is BYO and no corkage charges. There is never a bad pizza to pick and they have Gourmet and Original Pizza to die for. The Pasta and meals also great. Every thing is freshly cook while u wait. Antionella, Amelieo and Luca will all look after you and make you feel welcome.We have been going there for over 5 years and love it. Be patience and wait if they are busy it is worth it. Would we keep going back if it was not good ??

2  Thank Mary255059
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Love real pizza? then you will love this authentic Italian 'no frills cash only' delight. Been around for ever run by hard working Mama Leonetti and her sons. All pizzas are made to order from the base up. You can see the dough and watch them 'throw' the bases. Fabulous menu includes the best Veal Marsala- consistently delicious, tender and comes with great sides. The decor is ...umm basic! Small tables with fold up chairs outside. Nothing flash here but the yummy food. Unlicensed..but soft drinks available...and a bottlo metres away. Small selection of seafood dishes and blackboard specials, variety of gourmet plus 'usual' pizza - try the galic bread pizza.....the pasta is fresh and the sauces sensational..This place is always busy...they have the 'shop next door' fitted with extra tables and chairs for larger bookings -but it can be noisy when full. I recommend a table outside, but rug up in winter! Bookings are a must in summer- and take away pizza is ALWAYS busy... be prepared to wait a little while when they are flat out...remember cash only, no EFTPOS no credit cards..just authentic food! Bellissimo

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Yes the garlic bread is great! Freshly made and so yummy. However I cant say the same for the pizza.
Some people love the pizza here, I guess we just go on bad days. The pizza base itself is good freshly made base, but the rest well i found it a bit tasteless. The antipasto used tasted as if it was from a jar and not well drained at all (still really watery) And just had no real flavour.
We went in one time and didnt get served for atleast 7 min and were ignored despite us standing right at the counter and people walking past us. Once we were "noticed" we were seated. (Try not to get the seats in the main room as everyone walks in there for takeaway etc and stand around near you, its quite unconfortable) Service is slow on a bad day took about 25 min or more for our garlic bread to come. then another 20 for the pizzas.
Maybe give the pasta a go its not to bad and actually quite tasty.
Despite not liking the pizza i guess its not to bad of a place to eat if your lucky enough to go on a day when its good.
Or try the pizza place at northside i enjoy the pizza here except the garlic bread is nowhere near as good as amalfis.

1  Thank abbey444