“Perfect Sunday Afternoon”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A few of us went there for lunch today. Cheap prices, great pub food and fantastic entertainment.

We planned for a quick lunch but couldn't leave once the band started. Excellent atmosphere for a cruisy afternoon. Our group range between the ages of 56 and 67 so caters for all ages.

1  Thank 730PeterJ

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had been travelling all day and just wanted something quick and easy for dinner as we had 2 tired kids to feed and get to bed. We visited Hoey Moey Bistro based on the recommendations on this website - and we weren't disappointed.

The food was good, the kids were happy as there is a play station area where they could occupy themselves waiting for the meals to arrive (which didn't take long) and there were a number of specials which meant we didn't break the bank.

I would definitely recommend this place if you are after a comfortable, easy place to relax with better than average food.

2  Thank EKDP0707
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Came to coffs for the weekend and wanted to hear out for a nice feed with the family. The hotel was packed and very busy, there was an hour wait on shnitzels which was there Friday special, we ordered cheesy garlic bread that when was finally ready was soggy and not toasted and no-one ate it after their first bite. After the long wait for the schnitzels I bit into it and found that it was raw on the inside and the crumbs were still soggy when I returned it no-one apologized and I asked for a refund..(I had to line up for that aswell beacause there were others getting refunds on there meals). All in all the service was terrible, very rude and unprofessional to say the least. I woupdnt recomend eating here to anyone.

HoeyMoey, Manager at Hoey Moey Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi Jason,

We would like to say thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback so we can strive to provide a better service to all our customers. As you said in your review we were very busy on the day you visited our hotel. We sold over 700 of our $8.50 feeds. We had great feedback from many customers that evening as you can see in the review just below yours. I do apologize and I am very sorry that your Schnitzel wasn't up to our high standard. We offered you a new meal which we would have cooked for you straight away. You decided you would rather be given a refund which we gave to you on the spot so you didn't have to cue again. We hope to see you again in the future to impress you with our high standards.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I took the family there and we were very happy with both food and service. The kids play area keeps them occupied till meals are served. Well worth the visit

1  Thank Hollywood454
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Surf and turf saturday night specisl for thirteen dollars, was surprised at generous portion size although I only got two prawns. Tasted good also came with chips and salad. Tavern atmosphere but still family freindly. Would recommend for those on a budget.

1  Thank micah R