“proud of local restaurant”

Bombay Brasserie Indian & Western Cuisine
Ranked #14 of 214 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Cuisines: Thai, Australian, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bombay Brasserie is located within Coffs Harbour's beachside precinct Park Beach. Originally opening as "Macauleys Restaurant" in the beginning of 2008, with Mr John Chittick & his daughter Renee,this family owned and operated restaurant did take Coffs Harbour to new heights with its contemporary menu and relaxed, but elegant, ambience. Now a New Chapter is starting again, with new owners Joti & Joyce Singh. With a completely new menu. A restyled western menu more suited to families, crafted by our dedicated western chef. As well as adding a full Indian menu. With the new owners the restaurant decor has had a mini makeover with a slight subtropical Indian atmosphere . The candle lighting indoors creates an elegant dining experience, whilst the rustic courtyard at both the front & rear of the restaurant creates an intimate alfresco setting, perfect for that special night out in the warmer months. Macauleys can satisfy any appetite with mouth watering Eye Fillet Surf & Turf or a moist & tasty Butter Chicken & Naan Bread. The relaxed and elegant setting makes Bombay Brasserie the perfect venue for a romantic dinner for two, or a sumptuous Family Feast of Indian fair. Business groups, private family functions or a wedding reception can also be catered for.
coffs harbour
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“proud of local restaurant”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Have taken two groups of visiting friends here lately.Cannot fault anything.My friends agreed that it was better than 'hatted' venues we have patronised this year.The wine list is good and reasonably priced.A very nice dining experience.

Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Wow, Macauley's has come a long way since it opened in Coffs Harbour some years ago! Could not fault our recent experience there. Food was fantastic. Service was equally fantastic. Bar service was great as well! Very, very pleased and would highly recommend Macauley's based on our recent visit! Well done!

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent from start to finish”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lovely atmosphere, with the nice high ceilings, not too noisy when it was full of people. Our party of four all had different entrees, mains and desserts. Every meal was well presented and thoroughly enjoyed. The goat curry was a huge serving which was a pity as much was wasted, all the other plates were totally cleaned! Waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. Wine list is quite inexpensive. A really enjoyable evening.

Canberra
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this. Maybe they were having an off night, but the food was poor and no one asked why we'd left so much of the meal. A disappointing evening.

• Visited August 2013
Ney2450, Owner at Bombay Brasserie Indian & Western Cuisine, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hello Hils_99

I apologise that you did not enjoy your meal at Macauleys & I welcome all feedback good or bad. As your review does not go into detail about when you ate at the restaurant or what your meals were I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me either by phone 02 66 525 970 Tuesday to Saturday after 2pm or via email macauleys@y7mail.com so that I can follow up on your feedback with my staff. I do wish that I was made aware of your dissatisfaction at the time of dining so that I had a chance to rectify the situation.

As Macauleys is a small family owned business we are passionate about our food & believe in the values of great customer service. We aim for all of our diners to have a fabulous dining experience & I apologise again that we fell short of your expectations and indeed our own.

Kindest Regards,

Renee Perks
“Don't go there”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Booked this resturant for 7 pm to, we ordered drinks that the told us they had run out of oysters after 1 hr they only stocked 15 dozens oysters a resturant thatwas sitting 60 people. Terrible service by the waiter that was calling my friend boss.wouldnt go back and didnt eat therein principal.poor poor

• Visited July 2013
Ney2450, Owner at Bombay Brasserie Indian & Western Cuisine, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello Deboleena,

One of the most challenging elements in running a restaurant that prides itself on having the freshest of produce available is knowing how much stock to have on hand. It is a balancing act as our product is perishable and we never know how many people we will serve on any given night. We need to be mindful of over ordering to avoid wastage, keep our prices fair & to provide a product of the highest quality. Oysters in particular can be difficult as they can be extremely popular one night and have no demand the next.

With the average serve of oysters being 1/2 dozen per person we sold over 30 portions last Saturday night which is far more than we would normally serve on most evenings. I apologise that by the time your order was taken we had just sold out. As an oyster lover myself & a person who enjoys dining out frequently I'm disappointed when this happens to me as well, but I do understand why it does happen. We did have other seafood options available including locally caught prawns, locally caught blue eye cod, a salmon & prawn green curry & chefs beautiful seafood chowder. It is a shame that none of these great dishes tickled your fancy.

It seems that you hit it off on the wrong foot with your waiter whom is very experienced and popular with our regular diners. He did his best to look after you in a professional & friendly manner.

As a small family owned business the service element of our restaurant is just as important as the food & it upsets me greatly that you did not enjoy your visit to Macauleys Restaurant. I do hope however that you and your friends did enjoy the rest of your break in Coffs Harbour & that if you are ever in the area again you might consider giving us another go.

Kindest Regards,