“Superb fish and chips on a great location”
Review of Yknot Bistro

Yknot Bistro
Ranked #28 of 221 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the most iconic and pristine area of the Coffs Coast, with breathtaking views and friendly service. Delicious breakfast, lunch & dinners.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Not on the main harbour drag, you wouldn't come across this place unless recommended or a local. Just turn left as you reach the harbour roundabout and it is the resto at the local yacht club. Just sign in as a guest. The views are great for dinner. The fish really was as fresh as they come. Pricing was reasonable.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Yknot has great views out over the ocean looking north towards the Solitary Islands and I guess if you are lucky, you may even get to see some whales. We weren't lucky today though!

Had breakfast here before leaving our holiday for home and the food was delicious! Our order was taken promptly and our drinks arrived in a short time and our meals followed very soon after. I had the eggs benedict as this is my all time favourite breakfast and I was not disappointed. Good amounts of bacon and hollandaise sauce and lovely gooey eggs. Hubby had the pancakes and they were light and fluffy and a good quantity. Price wise they were a little more expensive then other places, but I think it is worth it for the view and atmosphere.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Views looking north to qld.. Views to the right of the jetty. Now I'm not one for eggs Benedicte but yknots' are perfection! Pancake stack absolutely delicious! Great serving and price.. A definite stop for breakfast. Can't wait to try lunch and dinner on our next stop over. Compliments to the chef!!!

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

- Oysters are decent, but pricy for its quality and presentation

- Super slow in delivering meals, waited at least 30min

- main meal portions are decent

Overall, food and service was good but excellent. Over priced. Probably more suitable for lunch than dinner.

Sally D, Owner at Yknot Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thankyou for taking time out to post your review however before posting your reviews For the world to see i feel that you need more information on this restaurant regarding your evening out.
Firstly most restaurants supply tables that Are this standard size unless of course you are eating at a bar table and yes at times the chairs can be a little uncomfortable secondly I do not have male waiters at this stage so you must of been approaching a bar staff member,so hence why he must of not be considerate to your needs and thirdly our menu is changed twice a year to accommodate many flavours and desires as for the salmon I will apologize for your tastes,my staff and I work very hard to satisfy our customers,, maybe just not this time

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Restaurant was Saturday night busy. so looked hopeful. Table service was prompt all night and food arrived with pleasant break between ordering and between courses. But that's the best we can say. Chairs horribly uncomfortable. Table was unstable and could hardly fit our drinks and main course dishes - even though we were 3 on a table for 4. Waiters attitude very offhand. Had to go looking for cutlery for one setting - [ we had booked a table]. It was plonked on our table waiter holding the eating end! Food was very ordinary. Salmon dish had only barest trace of promised dressing. Potatoes undercooked. Yellow-chicken curry had tasty vegetables however had trouble finding the chicken. Desserts overpriced for rather over-exposed 'display cabinet' dishes with the a thimble of ice-cream. I think the menu was the same from last summer. Very dissapointing and overall poor experience. Wont be back.