“Would Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adrift by the Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coffs Harbour
Adrift by the Beach
Hornsby, Australia
“Would Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Debbie is great - accommodating and helpful, the room was very spacious, clean and tidy, brand new beds - soooooooooooo comfy. Very neat manicured lawns and gardens. Close to all aminities and a lovely beach. The four day stay was a relaxing experience and we would highly recommend to anyone - we will be back. Just a final - personal Thank You to Debbie for the amazing send off at the airport !!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen F
Debbbie-Manager, Manager at Adrift by the Beach, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
You are more than welcome for the airport send off - it was a laugh all the way back to drop your dear friend off at the bus stop... Thank you for the glowing review. Myself - wayne and the cleaning crew work extremely hard to keep the lawn gardens and apartments up to the standards our regular and future guests expect.
See you in the near future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Adrift is not the newest or poshest place to stay in Coffs, but our experience was excellent. Debbie is very welcoming and helpful and the Park Beach location is great.
We only stayed for 2 nights this time as we were just catching up with family on our way back to Brisbane. The room we stayed in had 2 good sized bedrooms a small-ish (but perfectly adequate) kitchen, laundry (excellent!) and a huge lounge/dining room with the biggest TV I've seen in a holiday apartment! The room had just been refurbished with new carpet and kitchen, so it was in excellent condition.
The free WiFi was very handy for catching up on emails.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Happy T
AdriftbytheBeach, Manager at Adrift by the Beach, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. Thats right we are not the Ritz. We have an older set of apartments that we love - keep clean and are in the process of upgrading our standard 2 bedroom aprtments. The larger 2 bedroom aprtments have all had new kitchens and furnishings and carpets... We have been rebuilding the gardens around the bbq area and the pool and front entrance gardens are also underway with a makeover..A few licks of paint and we are on our way to a beautiful outdoor area for all our guests to enjoy..
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay - (laundry in the large apartments and 42" plasmas they are a bonus) - We look forward to your return and hope you can stay longer and enjoy all the facilities..
Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Deb made my husband, dad (affectionalty know as pops) and I so welcome during our weeks stay. Deb is amazing, friendly, helpful, funny, down to earth and made us feel like part of her family. Nothing was to much trouble and she always helped when we needed directions or advice on where to go. The facitlities were very clean, we had a 2 bedroom unit with a lounge 2 couches and big TV, dining table & chairs and kitchen with normal size fridge, microwave & cooking utensils. The shower was large there was even a hairdryer, clothes rack for wet bathers & towels, iron & board. The pool was beautiful to swim in, plenty of sun lounges ... I wish we were back there and the bbq area is amazing. Thanks gor a great time Deb!
As for the The Sandcastles accommodation 2 doors up I cannot believe how rude the receptionist was when I was trying to find Adrift. Clearly not encouraging tourism to Coffs and there was just no basic common courtesy to assist anyone asking for help! Anyway thanks Deb for an amazing time ... Cheers

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Yvonne V
AdriftbytheBeach, Manager at Adrift by the Beach, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. Firstly I am sorry you were treated so poorly when you were lost. The person involved obviously is disgruntled in their position. Well I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Adrift by the Beach. And as for POPS well he too is a GEM - we look forward to your return and are glad that we are maintaining our motto "CLEAN COMFORTABLE AND AFFORDABLE" that keeps my guests happy and myself and my cleaning crew happy. See you real soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have stayed twice now for family funerals and Debbie has been very welcoming and accommodating. She had a lambswool for the cot for my daughter, a baby bath and highchair. I even borrowed the highchair to take to my families' house.

This last visit we rang late in the afternoon to ask for a 2 room apartment and arrived later in the evening and were greeted with a smile.

Easy and accessible location close to shops and highway. Beach too.

Thanks Debbie

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Smurfy77
AdriftbytheBeach, Manager at Adrift by the Beach, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I love what I do and that is making my guests as comfortable as I possibly can. Baby is gorgeous and it was a delight to have you back again.
Ocean Shores
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

It has taken me over 6 weeks, or is it more?, to write a review on "Adrift by the Beach", as I have been unbelievably busy with life.... as we all are! BUT, I have always intended to make comment as our stay was a very, very enjoyable one.

We are a family of 5..... Mum, Dad and 3 children. We stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment above the reception area, and we couldn't have been happier.

When we first arrived, we were very happy with the "space" that this apartment provided us. It was very neat and clean, and being over the school holidays, very affordable.

We were there for a family wedding and our stay was for 5 nights. Our extended family that had travelled from far and wide, were scattered thoughout Park Beach accommodation.

The experience that we had was very impressive. I really think it was due to Debbie "The Manager". From the moment that we arrived, Debbie made us feel so at home, that at times, I felt so comfortable to ask her anything as I knew it would not be a hassle what-so-ever!.

From being so compassionate to our 7 year old autistic son (spoke to him and played with him like an average kid would be spoken to and played with), to welcoming the extended family with a bbq at Adrift, and making an area with another bbq to the side so we would not infringe on any other guests. Debbie also took some amazing photos of our family on her "time off" and sent them to me via email. The service just kept going!

Nothing was a problem and was all handled with ease.

Thank you so much Deb. All the family were so impressed with your hospitality, that Adrift will be on their lists to stay at when visiting Coffs Harbour again.

I hope you got your well deserved days off :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cyn O
Thank you for an amazing review. It was a pleasure have your large family enjoy a bbq and a bit of a catch up. Thats what I enjoy most - Seeing my guests enjoying the facilities that we provide. Your son was a gem and I have a lot of children stay here that have disabilities - and I just treat them the same as any other child. They love it when ya get down to their level and we always have a great time. The photo session was my pleasure - hope the large group photo turned out for you and you and your families created great memories here at Adrift by the Beach. We look forward to your return in the near future.
Hallett Cove SA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were 3 large families travelliing through Coffs Harbour by mini bus. Exceptionally clean family size units with room to move and very comfortable beds and pillows!!!. Would recommend to anyone passing through or staying at Coffs Harbour on a budget. Convenient location very close to pub,beach and city centre etc. Deb the manager was very friendly and willing to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable. Will definitely consider staying there again next time. Thanks Deb!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sophie M
AdriftbytheBeach, Manager at Adrift by the Beach, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for a glowing review. It was my pleasure. You have a beautiful family and we look forward to your return.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a trip down the coast, and another night on our way back to the Gold Coast. We had booked a 2 bedroom unit, and it was surprisingly big - 2 good size bedrooms with really comfy beds (we had a brand new one on our last night there, so comfortable!), separate kitchen with full size stove and a laundry as well. It's within walking distance to the local shops, and a little further is the bigger mall. There is a lovely cafe round the corner (Aqua) and the Hoey Moey does a good pub meal for a reasonable price. Deb is great, with good Aussie humour and couldn't have been more helpful. There's a really nice pool, and a good barbecue for guests to use as well. Everything was very clean and tidy. We'd happily stay here again. Thanks Deb.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FlemingsJ
Debbbie-Manager, Manager at Adrift by the Beach, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for a great review. We like to offer our guests who book through our website booking button - a free upgrade to a larger apartment (when available). Its just a little thank you to our guests for using our website. We have been working hard and long hours to make sure our guests standards are maintained. We will be doing some updating and modernising of the standard 2 bedroom apartments this year - but it all takes time. In the meantime we will maintain our cleanliness and affordabilty and comfort. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time here and yes - Im full of good aussie humour. I love my job (sorry - its not a job its my lifestyle) and I love making my guests smile...

We look forward to your return in the near future...