“Old and Nasty”

Ocean Paradise Holiday Units

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
brisbane
Reviewed August 18, 2013

By far the worst place i have ever stayed in!!!!!! Myself, my husband and our 4 year old daughter had booked into this motel for 1 night on the 13th august 2013 on our drive home from Sydney. Upon arriving everything looked good. We asked for a separate double room and a single bed for our daughter which they accommodated. Upon entering the room everything look ok but the whole place was so out dated and worn and for $99 a night I expected more. The fun began later that night after we had put our daughter into bed in the bedroom. My husband and I were sitting on the lounge having a drink whilst watching TV. Out of the corner of my eye I seen 5 cockroach's walking on the kitchenette floor some were babies some bigger. My Husband killed these and put them in the bin. No longer than 5 minutes there were another 4 walking on the floor, walls and counters. again my husband killed them and put them in the bin after the 4th time we stoppped removing the dead bodies and just left them for management to see the next day. I reckon we killed over 30 cockroach's that night. Next morning I went to see the manaer and explained what we had experienced the night before he never even apoligised and just said he found it hard to believe there were cockroach's bbecause they sprayed every monday, I offered to bring him down and show him the dead cockroach's but he ignored my offer. No offer of a refund was made and he bacame very agitated when my husband mentioned that he'd be given the health inspector a call but again no apology or offer of a refund. Upon leaving his office very dissatisified my husband was approached by a gentleman that had been staying in a room on the second floor with a very small baby, he too had said he'd seen some cockroach's the night before too. I have Asthma and my daughter at the time had a respiratory infection which as we all know is exasperated by cockroach faeces which I also informed the manger of this and he didn't seem at all bothered or concerned.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

we have stayed in Coffs a few times and this would not be our first choice. However leaving our trip to the last minute Ocean Paradise did offer comfortable but basic accommodation ,but very cheap. There were a few things we did want (from previous stays ) Close to the beach, shops, eating establishments and we didnt need to use our car !The position of Ocean Paradise offered all this.Being Winter we did not use the pool or BBQ area. The staff were friendly and willing to please. the bed was comfy but the rooms small --you would not want to spend a lot of time in them. This establishment seemed more like an overnight motel --rather than a long term family stays. It depends what you are looking for --cheap short accommodation it was ok but I would not recommend to families planning their holiday --there are better places to stay .
Also the parking was first in policy and sometimes cars were on the road. The walls are also pretty thin--so it depends who you neighbours are. As stated you get what you pay for !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We thought yeah away from the dredges of the highway noise. It was rated as three and a half stars on last minute however I would rate it closer to one or one and a half.
I took pictures of a mouldy bathroom, cockroaches came out after 8 pm and teased us not so delightfully.
The pool was needing a refit as not clean and big portions of unusual pieces on the pool base.
The sewer needs a clean due to the stench coming from the bathroom.
Not only that the carry on from others at 4 am topped off our enjoyable (not) stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Traceyjh

Travelers are raving about these Coffs Harbour hotels

Mullumbimby
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times, very handy to beach and hotel across the road.Usually clean and staff friendly. This last stay the room was infested with cockroaches even in my bed! Advised staff so hopefully will get sorted.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Exploreitall64
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I booked this "Ocean Paradise" because of the promise of a kitchen in every room (on booking.com listing), free internet in rooms, and the use of guest bikes to explore Coffs Harbour. There was no kitchen in our room and we arrived having already purchased food to cook and prepare for dinner and breakfast. The bikes turned out to be broken, and when I finally got a working one it was the owners - which was a kind gesture, but slightly weird having to loan the proprietors when it is a feature of the establishment. Finally, no internet - which was very important to me as I'm working while traveling. Despite the very sweet boy who welcomed us on arrival, no amount of charm from the owner's son can replace a series of promises not delivered. Here's some advice: don't offer it if you can't deliver it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great place for a holiday , thoroughly enjoyed a spacious clean room . The price was very competitive and our family was very welcomed. Our kids were very happy with the pool and big garden . A great location walking distance from shops , bus stop & across the road from the main beach ( park beach) . Over all for what we paid I don't think there is better in coffs.

• Stayed August 2012