“Everything that a family would need at a home away from home :)”
Review of Aqua Villa Resort

Aqua Villa Resort
Upper Coomera, Australia
“Everything that a family would need at a home away from home :)”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Aqua Villa with three children and as a family we ALL loved it. The town house was quite spacious, and had everything that we could possibly need at a home away from home. The staff were MORE than friendly and very accommodating :) The pricing was extremely reasonable and very affordable in PEAK holiday season. Great location, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This resort is in no way luxury, as the name might suggest. But the garden apartment I had was large, clean and comfortable.

It could do with an update but has all the facilities that you would need. The fans did a great job of cooling the place down as it was 34 degrees in the sun, the bed was comfortable and the staff were delightful. And gave us some handy tips about Coffs while we were there.

The room could do with a bigger couch as the small two seater is dwarfed by such a large living space and two adults sitting on it on a hot day was not comfortable.

The games room & pool looked great but we didn't get a chance to use them on our stay, would be a great place to stay for families.

We would stay here again as it is clean and close to the beach, shops, pubs etc but we would look into getting an upgraded room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Oz
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights at the start of our driving holiday to W'gong. Clean, tidy & comfy. Washing machine available & kitchen reasonably well equipped. Pool with BBQ was well used by families. Pity we didn't get the upgrade we were promised... Close to beach, shops etc

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This resort is in no way luxury, However the garden apartment I had was clean and comfortable. It is in need of a makeover, but my colleague was in an adjoining apartment that had an upgrade, tiles replaced Lino, and a re paint. Staff were very attentive, and the families that were staying all seemed to enjoy the additional facilities, the pool and games room for example. Convenient to shops nearby and around 10 minute walk to a beach...would I stay there agin?...maybe not now, but if I had kids travelling with me.... definitely

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank salad2964
Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My name is Michael and i have stayed at the Aqua Villa Resort on a couple of ocasions now.

I have stayed in many places over the years but i have never had hospitality like i do at this place.

I found the accomadation more then afordable and in excelent condition.
The facilities are excelent and plentyfull and the atmosphere of this resort was an excelent feeling to have my 5y/o girl at.

The amazing thing about this place is the service i received.
Doug and his wife have made my little girl and me feel more then welcome and went above and beyond to to meet our needs during our stay.

I highly recomend this resort if you are staying in coffs harbour.You will not be disapointed.

Thank you to the Aqua Villa Resort for another awsome visit while i was in coffs harbour.

I will be staying at this resort every time i return to coffs harbour now and i recomend you check this place out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hampshire
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here on a stop over so we didn't loose money by leaving early but we were well on our way first thing in the morning. The rooms are smelly and very dated. There were bogies on the wall by the top bunk. There was a dirty blanket in the cupboard. Although the cleaning staff had cleaned the bathrooms well, there was a build up in the corners and in the shower runners as everything is so old. We stayed in the poolside accommodation which is supposed to be superior, I would hate to see the other accommodation. The signs everywhere, and I mean everywhere, advising you not to leave valuables about, made you feel very insecure and the children did feel unsafe. On a positive the Manager was very friendly and the pool was view-able from our apartment and the beds are very comfy. This is not a 4 star more like a 1. Sorry to leave this kind of feed back but I feel it is only fair to give a true representation of what we thought. The sad thing is this place has real potential if only someone could modernise it. The downstairs toilet looked like the one my grandmother use to have and the runner door had come off the runners. The noise from the BBQ area was very loud including music blasting until late at night. The BBQ was left on unattended which young children could easily get hurt as it is a public area.

Room Tip: don't stay here try somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The property itself was nothing to shout about, and I did suffer from a wobbly bed, but Doug made all the difference for me.

We arrived under bad circumstances, we discovered that we left our bag filled with valuables back at a cafe 100km south of Coffs - we were devastated and Doug helped us through it. He so kindly allowed us the use of his internet and his phone in order to try to get in contact with the people at the cafe, even leaving 2 voicemails for the cafe to contact us. We continually sought his help, and we continually received it - thank you Doug for your help in our time of need.

Other than that, and despite my comment about the bed, the accommodation itself was excellent value-for-money, and all our basic needs were satisfied including a kitchen, washing machines. We were also allowed the freedom of the DVD collection which included movies to cater to the tastes of many.

Doug also shared his local knowledge with us, and with that we had an excellent time at the Mutton Bird Island Reserve, and at his recommendation visited the place down the road which had a wicked A$8.50 meal every night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends