“Found by chance and loved it.”
Review of Milano's on the Lake - CLOSED

Milano's on the Lake
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We found Milano's by chance in October after looking for somewhere nice for dinner around the Swansea/Lake Macquarie area. The food was some of the best I've ever had and the service was just as good.

I'd never been to the restaurant under the old ownership but i'll definitely be heading back there under the new team.

1  Thank Peregrine01

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Such a beautiful location for a romantic dinner with my hubby. We certainly were not disapointed after stumbling acrros the website on trip advisor on a recent weekend getaway. Our waitress was helpful and accomadating, checking with the kitchen regarding my food alergies. Nothing was too much trouble and we had such a great evening. Prawns for entree and Slow cooked lamb well worth mentioning. Will visit again for sure.

1  Thank emma g
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Beautiful view, very nice table by the waters edge,warm welcome from Clair and her team and best of all wonderful food.Trio of prawns and oysters followed by the best beef we have had in a long time. Our friends had the fish of the day and pork and loved it all.If your looking for amazing food,friendly and knowledgeable wait staff in a very special location than this is the place to come.

2  Thank jmg1949
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Milanos by the lake, on arrival we were greated by Clare who turned out to be the owner of this amazing restaurant. We were seated at a table with a wonderful view of the lake. The restaurant has 3 separate dining areas all of them decorated beautifully. They had an extensive menu and a wine list to match. I loved all the specials, so hard to choose I wanted them all. My starter main course and my dessert were excellent. Clares warm and friendly style made the night special. Before leaving the restaurant I booked in for next week can't wait.

3  Thank Mauraskid
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Wow Milano's has it all. We came early sat on the outside waterfront verandah had a glass of wine while watching a stunning sunset over the lake. Truely world class. We had booked on the execellent tripadviser reviews and have to agree the one bad reviewer must have been somewhere else. Milano's was spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and our hosts Clare and Nick not only friendly and very welcoming but extremely knowledgeable about their food and wine.The fresh Sydney rock oysters were wonderfull and a 1.2kg lobster cooked to perfection well worth the price, defintely not pub food.There are plenty of other choices on the menu we also had the prawn trio and slow roasted lamb both excellent. A cheese platter and desert wine finished a amazing evening.If you want great food and wine with plenty of parking at the door served with warm friendly style this is the place. Did i mention the 5 page beer list for us lads? We will be back.

3  Thank easymax