“Hit's the mark!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

This steakhouse now has the right formula for Canberra. It used to be too expensive but now the price is right. I had a perfectly cooked fillet steak with excellent chips and bernaise sauce for $37. The service is professional and cheerful, and the meals come out quickly. Highly recommended, particularly for business people.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

After having several great experiences in their Sydney, Woolloomooloo branch, I thought this would be the place to go in Canberra for a great steak.

I thought prices were reasonable, yes it is more expensive than a pub steak, but I'm happy to pay for good quality and good service. Well, we got good food and wine, but the waiter had serious problems. He just didn't seem to want to be there and was very patronising, treating us like 5 year olds.

Oh well... had a great meal, cooked to perfection and found the best wine on the menu.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

A wide choice of beef meat, that you can share. Served with homemade Bearnaise sauce and every sorts of mustards. I enjoyed the striploin cooked "bleu". For starter we shared a duck pate which is quite good. Also for the wine I choose a Tasmanian Pinot Noir Joseph Cromy : Wonderful for only 38$. Food is a bit expensive but it worth it!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I visited this restaurant just after it opened and the service was average and the food overpriced. I have avoided the place until last night. The service had improved out of site. Orders taken, plates cleared and drinks offered all unobtrusively, timely and with a smile.
My original complaint with the food was that it was expensive and if you ordered a steak that was all you got. Now steaks include chips and a sauce. We only ordered a side of vegetables between the two of us.
In conclusion, a slightly expensive, but very enjoyable meal with great service.

1  Thank Oz_Kiwi7
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Visiting Kingsleys with a group of 5 co-workers, we found the seafood to be tasty and well presented, but the request for a medium rare steak was overlooked and overcooked. Unfortunately the dining experience was marred by poor service. We were kept waiting for our mains until one of the group spoke to the manager, and it appeared we had been forgotten. A large table of 10 that came in after us, had two courses and were finished before our food was on the table. Thne manager apologised, but in all it was disappointing. There are many other restaurants in the Canberra cafe precinct that should deliver a better dining experience.