1,296 results
All reviewsexecutive floorparliament houseone bedroom suiteostani barroom servicenespresso machineupgraded to a suitewasher dryerlounge areafree parkinglittle thingsfree moviesstandard roomreception staffnational gallerymodern hotelbuffet breakfast
Reviewed April 14, 2016

Hotel Realm has got many good points - scoring highly were the bathroom toiletries (Malin + Goetz), the comfortable bed, the Nespresso machine, the bath, the T2 teas, the spaciousness of the suite, the quietness, the big flat-screen TVs, the balcony, the block-out curtains, and the politeness of staff.

But it's not fantastic, either. The couch was super-uncomfortable. The room was really, really boring - no artwork, no colour, nothing special about it. The room service food was hit and miss - the burger was awful and stale - but the desserts were nice. There was no information in the room about the hotel. The wifi didn't work (why is hotel internet nearly always so bad?).

It's definitely not 5-star and for the price, it was a little disappointing. If you want 5-star quality, or would like a romantic or luxurious stay, go to Hotel Hotel or Hyatt Canberra. If you would like something with personality, Hotel Hotel or QT are the best bets.

It's got zero personality.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madeleine C
JG_DomaHotels, General Manager at Hotel Realm, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2016

Dear Madeleine C,

Thank you for your comments surrounding your stay here at Hotel Realm.

Glad you enjoyed all of our in-room amenities throughout your stay, the hotel rooms are quite comfortable, albeit you found the couch a little uncomfortable.

The great thing about Hotel Realm, is we aren't trying to create an image of quirky, bright and become something we're not - we are a chic, stylish, luxurious 5-star hotel which has the décor and attentiveness to match.

If you were to return, you may want to try our "Love Notes" package, which is our take on an excellent romance getaway, oozing luxury and that personal touch.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

Hotel was beautiful and comfy and also very clean. We booked a balcony one bedroom which overlooked a parking lot but also further into the distance was Mount Ainslie. We were able to order room service at 3am as service was available all night. Food was great and fast and price was reasonable. We also did room service at dinner time. The menu included burgers and pizzas which is great. Gluten free options was also available. We received a complimentary one night parking which is normally $15.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear rebeccaw759,

Fantastic review for Hotel Realm!

Glad you and your partner were able to utilise the hotel for a relaxing weekend away. Sounds like you made the most of the in-room dining menu, along with our in-room amenities.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2016

My review starts with the customer service down at The Brassey hotel (a sister property). For some reason, my booking got lost and the hotel was physically out of rooms. The staff down there were trying their best to look at different options when they just said to me, "you know what - head up to The Realm, they will look after you".

Being from out of town, I thought "oh here we go, just send me off to another place"... then when I stepped into the place - DAYAM! Everything was top notch in the lobby. The room was a bit fancy too (sorry - you'll be more likely to find me in a 5 bed mixed dorm room vs a 5 star hotel). I used the toiletries (some fancy company in NYC) that had me smelling nice for most of the day.

I didn't get to use the gym, not sure if there is a spa/sauna, didn't get to use the business centre either. But I am guessing that they are all decent too.

Read a few reviews about poor customer service - I'll finish this review by saying that I had nothing but excellent customer service. Really good way to treat someone that wasn't even meant to stay here...

Room Tip: If you're game, you can park your car on the street behind Hotel Realm.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo

Dear jbones999,

Absolutely loved reading your review for Hotel Realm!

Great to hear you enjoyed all facets of the hotel, right down to our Malin & Goetz amenity line. Also pleasing to hear that the staff were pleasant and attentive throughout.

I feel we have now converted you to a 5-star hotel believer and you no longer need to hang onto those dorm-room expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2016

We checked in a little early and were prepared to wait until check in - the reception staff were lovely and checked us in about 12.30/1.00pm. We were checked into a room on floor one which was obviously a room for a person with a disability. We have travelled all over the world and this room was large and spacious for a Mum and Daughter. We do not mind being in a room such as this- it was prefect for us, I know that people complain when placed in a disability room- I was more than happy too sit down in the shower so was Mum.
My only fault would be that RS was late - I ordered for 8-8.30 and had to call for our breakfast. However Breakfast was great.
HSK didn't make the bed , they just pulled up the sheet and the doona and took the cutlery and cookery and didn't return it.
Other than that the hotel is pretty close to everything. Very Corporate, but is is Canberra.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family

Dear kirstycatty,

Thank you for your comments surrounding your stay here at Hotel Realm.

Great to see the staff had an excellent impact on you throughout your stay, we have a real focus on genuine, attentive guest service.

Disappointing to hear the room service wasn't quite on time, but with the food being super tasty, it's always a positive.

I look forward to seeing you back at the hotel soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2016

Thoroughly enjoyed my night at The Realm, great sleep in the huge bed... Pity I had to get up early for a balloon flight, but then
again the flight was worth it!!! Back to The Realm for a delicious breakfast!

Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank clarem421

Dear clarem421,

Great review!

Sounds like you had an amazing time here in Canberra - great to see you utilising the hotel around the balloon flight.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.