“Brilliant”

Ranked #73 of 1,751 Restaurants in Canberra
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were fortunate to be introduced to D’Browes by local friends as I don’t think we’d have found it as visitors to Canberra.
This is an excellent restaurant with a chef and host that is prepared to experiment with a broad range of cuisine. In addition to a regular range of great standards (see website) the specials are exciting and always worth exploring.
For example, I had the Portuguese style sardines as an entree followed by the Hungarian Goulash; both delicious. My dining companions all enjoyed their meals.
Great food, great service and really tempting options.
Will certainly be back next time we’re in Canberra

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (128)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is certainly one of our favourite restaurants in Canberra. We dine here on average once a month and have never been disappointed with the whole experience. To begin with, the service is top class and many more fancied restaurants in Canberra could benefit from adopting Damian's warm approach to his guests and that of his staff.

The food is delightful and often unexpected such as the serving watermelon with tempura prawns. Although anything on the menu can be ordered with the utmost confidence.

Value is second to none with lunches a highlight - 2 courses for $40 or three for $50.

This is the place to dine if you're looking for a relaxing, first-class meal served by wonderful staff in a well-presented, quality restaurant,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A fantastic meal was had by all. Regular options were reliably very good and the specials of the night were great choices also.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Damian is a chef who comes and talks through the menu with all his customers. He is more like a friend who cooks for you. This is my go-to restaurant in canberra and after having tried nearly everything on the menu from snails to Hungarian Goulash, I have enjoyed the flavours of every dish. And each time I promise my waistline that this visit I’ll either skip entree or desert, my promises melt away with a delightful smile.

Reviewed August 4, 2019

This restaurant is tucked away in the Narrabundah shops and I recently attended for the first time with a group for birthday lunch.

The owner/chef, Damien, came out to explain the specials and have a chat, which is always a nice start.

They have a lunch time special of two courses for $40 or 3 courses for $50. Our large group had the 'function menu' which is 2 courses for $50, which includes bread and corkage (it is BYO).

I had calamari for an entree, which was a large serve and perfectly cooked. For mains I had the eye fillet, which was tender with a lovely pepper sauce. My only complaint is that my steak was slightly overcooked, a little bit more 'medium' than I like.

Others at our table had the lamb shanks, chicken breast and salmon - all reported that there meals were excellent. One of the daily specials was mussels, which three people had and raved about.

I have seen some poor reviews online for D'Browes, but recommend it based on my visit. Nice atmosphere, good food and reasonable prices. Just remember to BYO!

Date of visit: August 2019