“Excellent”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a stunning 7 course degustation here with my wife (before kids!) and we loved it. Plenty of fresh tasty seafood incorporated into dishes as well as local meats from the area. The wines matched to each dish were perfect and the desserts delicious. The service was helpful friendly and very professional and the price for dinner completely justified. Deserves its reputation as one of canberra best

1  Thank Jas777

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We took my parents to Courgette as a thank you for their help.
My dad is hearing impaired and usually struggles with the hard surfaces in restaurants. Courgette is not one, it is lovely and quiet without being soless.
Being pregnant eating out can be frustrating with all the foods I can't eat. The staff could not have been more accommodating and the food was Devine.
The service was fabulous. A great night out

2  Thank SianFJ
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Visiting from out of town... Came on recommendation of friends. Loved it! Service unobtrusive but attentive. Food excellent... Great value for $80. Fav dishes... pork belly and prawn second course and atlantic salmon third course. Wine list extensive. Thoroughly enjoyed our night... Will recommend to others heading to Canberra. Totally deserves its hat!

1  Thank Angeowens
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was fortunate enough to be taken here by some good friends earlier in the week. Upon arrival we were greeted by the friendliest hostess and shown to our table. We were offered the winelist and menus promptly which I always appreciate. When you order your dinner at Courgette, you
must order all your four courses at once so make sure your ready. I had the Courgette blossom which was a tasty start. Then a special spicy tuna dish which was outstanding. My third course was the Muscovy duck and it was amazing! Dessert I had the chocolate jaffa and that was heavenly. The size of the winelist has increased dramatically since my last visit so be prepared to try new and different grape varieties on offer. When you put together fantastic food, warm friendly service and a great winelist with lovely decor, you feel like your in a home away from home. Thank you Courgette

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The food was nice (starters) and very good (the mains), highlight being the beautifully cooked venison. The service was OK up to the point where the restaurant became three-quarters full.

As it filled up, we finished our mains, and were sitting for ages without drinks or menus or food. Eventually we managed to wave someone down for the dessert and the wine menu (so I could have an accompanying glass of dessert wine). 15 minutes later we were still waiting on someone to come back to us to take our order even for a drink.

When I did eventually flag the waitress down (a different waitress again), she explained very nicely that there was a back-up in the kitchen. Fine. But could that have not been explained to us when we had (eventually) received our dessert menus 15 minutes earlier (from another waitress)? Could someone not still have checked if we would have liked a drink, or some petit fours and coffee while we were waiting? That would seem like a nice customer oriented touch, but instead we were asked “Are you in a rush?” Well, no, as it happened we weren’t. But at the same time we didn’t expect to sit at our table for 30 minutes with no drinks or any kind of customer care and just wait quietly until someone had time for us while in other parts of the room the wait staff were “tidying” other tables and topping up wine.

Regardless, we left as we had lost any appetite for another drink or a dessert and the explanation was too late. We just expected some courtesy, consideration and perhaps a more professional operation which matches the statement on the website.

3  Thank Deefly