“Won't eat there again”
Review of Tosolini's - CLOSED

Tosolini's
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tosolinis restaurant, situated on leafy Bailey's Corner in the heart of Canberra city has cemented a 25 year reputation for its great coffee, and traditional Italian cooking. Open 7 days for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Tosolinis Ristorante offers its diners a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, while still maintaining a high standard of presentation and service. From a coffee and slice of Mamma Tosolinis tiramisu to a more substantial pasta or risotto and a glass of Italian wine, Tosolinis Ristorante welcomes you. Tosolinis Ristorante is the very proud winner of AHA industry award for 'Best Restaurant Cafe - Canberra' for 2 years running (2009 and 2010)
Reviewed March 21, 2014

A group of 10 went for a meal before theatre. Service was slow, they brought out the wrong meals for a couple of us, and main servings were entree size at best. Recommend eating elsewhere.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

All the good points first ....

The food is authentic Italian & is of a very high quality. We tried the Bread Plate (4 different types on one plate) as well as the Ricotta and Spinach Canneloni for the lady and i tried the fetttucine with chicken, mushrooms, bacon and roasted capsicum.

Both were plentiful & tasty with the home made tomato based sauce on the canneloni being described as WONDERFUL.

The staff are first class and never stop working.

Food delivery times are good & drinks service excellent.

I would definately go there again & again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We decided to have our friend's birthday dinner party at Tosolini's and all 13 of us had a great time. Tosolini's appears to be under new management and it definitely showed with great friendly service, which were very accommodating and provided fantastic food. Their pastas were very tasty, competitively priced and all arrived in good time. We also put in an order for a chocolate mud birthday cake through their in-house cake chef a few days before and it did not disappoint - far better than BYO and paying cakeage. We will definitely start coming to Tosolinis again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I had birthday dinner here- the staff went out of their way to make it a memorable evening.

All 13 meals came out hot and at the same time (which can be rare for large groups!). They made a delicious birthday cake for me and the lovely manager gave my gluten free guest a complimentary piece of GF cake. Staff were very friendly, patient when we were too busy chatting to look at the menu and kindly took a group picture for us.

It is a popular restaurant so I know it can be a bit busy/loud on towards the end of the week but for a delicious midweek birthday dinner it was perfect.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stumbled upon this place looking for a breakfast spot. There isn't a huge amount of choice in the Canberra CBD for the tourist who may not be familiar with hidden local gems, but I was impressed with my time at Tosolini's. I was at a comfortable table, though lighting in that area could have been improved, it's quite dark in that area of the restaurant. I was impressed by the fresh juice creations and the lychee, watermelon Rosa's juice was outstanding. I ordered a simple poached egg on Turkish with a side of bacon. It was a generous serve, the eggs were excellent, the bacon, I think could have been cooked a little longer, but it appeared to be good quality. The coffee was great, and the service was quick and attentive. Overall, the price probably was a little high for what it was, but all things considered I felt far from being ripped off. There was not much more you could ask for really. I'd recommend it and would dine again.