“Nice atmosphere”

Ranked #199 of 1,408 Restaurants in Canberra
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went for breakfast and it was alright. The sourdough bread is not bad and the poached eggs with hollandaise was decent. Their stuffed foccacia was tasty, but not foccacia - it's really just a pressed sandwich. Drinks were OK though the hot chocolate was just a powder.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I love Tilley's, it's a relaxed place where you can chilll-out any day or night of the week. I especially love the quick service and the great coffee.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I know this place is a Canberra institution but this place really needs to drag its self out of the past. The decor was once probably Bohemian chic however now just looks old and tatty. It feels dark, claustrophobic and dirty. The staff, all young women were all very friendly and efficient however the flowers in the hair can not make this place colourful and bright no matter how hard they try. The food is also ridiculously expensive $10 for a ham and cheese croissant (WHAT!) The nachos were some of the worse I've ever eaten. How hard is it to make nachos. At those prices I was expecting gourmet. The only saving grace is it is a large establishment with lots of outdoor seating which was lovely in the sun. Plenty of room for us all including dogs which are more than welcome. Come on Canberra you can do better than this.

3  Thank foodies1
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The last three times I've been to Tilley's for breakfast I have been very disappointed. I continued to try because lunch is pretty good (the calamari in particular) and the atmosphere is nice, but I've learned my lesson - avoid it for breakfast/brunch. The food is bland, unseasoned, oily and lukewarm.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I prefer Tilley's outside bruch times when it can be a bit hectic. Good service by the ladies always with a smile. Both outside and indoor areas are great for a catch up and a coffee or just to laze reading the paper.