“Great Breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 21 Bakeries in Canberra
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went here recently for breakfast and had a great feed. The menu (see photo) has some great options. I tried the Chilli Jam, tomato and poached eggs (plus a sid of bacon) - excellent. The chilli jam is quite unique/strong in flavour and matches well.
My dining partner was not as enthralled with the 'Piperade with Chorizo' - a bit too eggy - and chorizo could have been more char grilled.
They look to have a good lunch menu as well - and also a separate cheese room. Plenty to buy take-away as well from the well stocked baery.
Only complaint - coffee was on the weak side...

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Delicious food, good coffee. The pastries and tarts are amazing. There are also healthier breakfast options. There's a reason this place is always so busy. Get there early.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I like to eat at Silo every 2 or 3 weeks because the menu is constantly changing. The same item might appear at a similar time each year but it is only on the menu for a few weeks before disappearing again. The wine list is not extensive but it too also changes offering new and old world wines.The brûlées!! I am salivating just thinking about them. I think the vanilla ones are the best; they need no adulterating. As for the service..... I have never had a problem. Flustered at times yes, rude no.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a very nice breakfast of scrambled eggs with salmon. The coffee was good, and I especially liked the chocolate croissant.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Ahhhhh Silo its been around for such a long time, however I feel that it is now merely living off past glory from when Canberra was a different place. I still remember seeing the review on the Sydney weekender thinking I should check that out! It was good the first time alright dam good, different, but that was over 4 years ago (2007). But there are now so many other good places to eat which are just as trendy and without the attitude and the wait times. Sorry guys I stopped coming a long time ago for many reasons. Might I remind people about the salmonella scare also, not the best.