“Absolutely Delicious”
Review of Sage Restaurant

Sage Restaurant
Reserve with
Sage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,362 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A hidden gem just few minutes away from the city centre, Sage offers an escape from the hustle and bustle with an exciting and ever-evolving menu and beverage list.
Canberra, Australia
“Absolutely Delicious”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Tried the degustation menu with matched wines. Portions were perfectly sized and tasted great, the wine was nice and the service was incredible. The only thing I was not a huge fan of was the lemon textures desert (this is purely due to my taste preferences)

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Alexander-j024

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“My absolute favourite restaurant in Canberra”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have been to Sage about 6 or 7 times now and every time I go I am surprised. The menu changes seasonally, the food is fantastic and interesting and the service is always great - the staff really go above and beyond to make sure your meal and drinks are fantastic.

Last night we ordered from the a la carte menu and asked the waiter which wines he would recommend for each dish. He knew the extensive wine list off the top of his head and made perfect recommendations for each of our dishes.

We ordered the cheese course for dessert, and it came out as a single cheese (not a platter), which was to die for, but my partner was disappointed because he really was hoping for a blue cheese. The waiter noticed we didn't finish the cheese when he cleared our dessert plates and enquired as to why - my partner sheepishly explained it wasn't his favourite but the cheese was still really nice. Within minutes the waiter reset the table and served a blue cheese that was equally as good. Just one example of the really thoughtful service here.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Evie_W26
Canberra, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mint garden bar birthday”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I held my 30th birthday at Mint garden bar. The staff here were very accommodating and friendly. There was a live band playing which created a nice atmosphere, very beer garden-eske. I organised a bunch of pizzas for my guests, which were all yummy. I had such a nice night and highly recommend Mint.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Rebecca M
“They did it again”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went to sage with friends and everyone loved it. The food was very good and the wine matchings were fantastic. We went to a couple of three hatted restaurant in Sydney and we prefer sage's sommelier by far, he's passionate and seriously knows what is talking about.
Mix good food, professional service and great wines and voila SAGE.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank gregdelicious
Beechworth, Australia
“Superb!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our second lunch at Sage today and once again they delivered in spades. The service was prompt, friendly polite and informed. All four of us enjoyed every aspect of our meals from the warm bread served on arrival through the entrees (the tuna is to die for), mains (two of us had the lamb, which fell apart, while the other two had the beef, my son commenting that it was the best he'd ever eaten) and desert. Our accompanying wines were also mouth watering and we left feeling pleasantly sated. Ideal for couples, older families or business and definitely recommended!

Visited November 2013