“Rubincon Degustation Menu - Awesome!”
Review of Rubicon

Rubicon
Ranked #20 of 1,505 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I went to Rubicon to celebrate our anniversary. We had the 7 course degustation with wine pairings. The meal was fabulous, with generous portions and wonderful wine. Go, go now and enjoy this wonderful restaurant!

1  Thank kruegemon

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have been to this restaurant a number of times over the years, and our visit this week showed once again how perfect their food and service is. We chose to have the five course degustation menu, my husband with the accompanying wine. So we were able to choose our five courses from anywhere in the menu, and we chose one from the entree menu, three from the mains, and one from the desert. Each course was fantastic, with generous servings for a degustation, and the wine matched very very well. The service was friendly, relaxed, but certainly not intrusive. It was yet again a wonderful night.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I am 50 and eat regularly in top restaurants in sydney and elsewhere. Dinner for four and the food was excellent. Not a bad dish from entree to desert and cheese. Excellent wine list and great service from all the staff. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Phillip G
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We visited Rubicon for a 7 course degustation menu (and we ended up stopping at 6 courses) - we enjoy sampling Canberra's great array of degustation available, but I wouldn't return to Rubicon for this. Half of the meals were lovely, otherwise the rest were fine.

I would consider returning here perhaps for a standard meal, as a standout I felt was the barramundi (available as a main), and the zucchini flower (starter).

One of the greatest let downs I felt was the wine pairing - while Rubicon has a great selection of wine available, but the selection of wines made to accompany the courses was underwhelming. It was also a shame that the arrival of the beef fillet requested at medium-rare, was far too rare for me, and despite highlighting this to the waitress, no apology came from the chef/staff.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The first thing that strikes you about Rubicon is that it's decor is bland. Maybe this is so there is no distraction from the food, which was very good. It was well prepared and presented but it did not wow me with creativity in ingredients, flavour or texture. Service was efficient but lacked warmth.