“Amazing”

Ottoman Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 1,442 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Chef & owner Serif Kaya has been wooing diners at Ottoman Cuisine with his much awarded Turkish food since 1992. Modern day Turkish food is a result of the vast Ottoman Empire, spanning over three continents, with access to many markets & cultures. The menu at the Ottoman Cuisine consists of classic Turkish dishes that have withstood the test of time. There are also the dishes that Serif has created; inspired by his culinary heritage & his new home. The specials of the day bring you the best of the seasonal produce. In the Ottoman tradition, we recommend sharing your dishes in order for you to experience the fantastic range of flavours on offer. Please ask your waiter if you would like to try a tasting menu.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

A lovely quiet atmosphere in an out-of-the-way location, but still close to the city. The food was excellent, I ordered the lamb stuffed eggplant, followed by some sort of custard square served with berries and pomegranate on the side. my husband ordered some type of baclava with sweet syrupy sauce, and I ate most of his as well. I don't normally have dessert, but it was all turkish and amazing, with good coffee.The wine list was extensive, but there could be more on their " by the glassful" list. They could probably add some more local sem/sav and other dry whites.. But the red I ordered was very good, and from NZ. This place is a bit hard to find, but well worth the effort. The staff were all fabulous. i can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Ange R

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at Ottomans Cuisine last night and found both the service and food to be incredible. Making the atmosphere excellent. Anything with the lamb is too die for! We had the lamb sis kebabs and eggplant stuffed with lamb. Both are award winning dinners that just melt in your mouth. I cannot wait to back to Ottomans, definitely a place I would recommend for a nice night out!!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We celebrated my daughter's 21st birhtday at the Ottoman last night. I have eaten here several times before and the food is always exceptional. The service is lovely and the atmosphere is better than anywhere in Canberra. We had a table for ten with 2 gluten free guests, 2 vegetarians and 1 meat only. The staff were very accommodating. Our waiter Will was very attentive and gave good recommendations for both food and wine. I ate the duck special which was the most exquisite duck dish I think I have ever had. It melted in my mouth. We brought our own cake and this was served beautifully. Our entire party agreed that it was a fantastic night made possible by the venue, food and service.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We dined at the restaurant and found it excellent. The waiting staff were knowledgable, polite, attentive and served us well. The meals were very enjoyable and served with a nice break between each course so we could enjoy the next course and chat. While we were a relatively small group with varying dietary needs, this was not a problem and they met everyone needs without fuss. There was ample free parking closeby. I was on crutches and the staff looked after me extremely well. We will dine at the restaurant again. Recommended dining for adults who want to catch up with friends or even have a romantic dinner with their partner. Well done Ottoman staff. See you next time.

1  Thank Kerrie W
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The service was a bit slow at first, with a gap between entrees and the main meal but picked up immediately after a quick word to the waiter.... Appreciate their efforts thereafter, with the arrival of a complementary side rice dish and free coffee thereafter on the house, in order to make up for the initial delays. We had an excellent evening and thoroughly enjoyed the attentive services of a very courteous water, and the delicious meal.