“LEMON GRASS WODEN”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been to lemon grass before but thhis visit was terrible (30/3.2013). took my daughter, her partner and 7 month old baby to dinner. hadf a booking for 6.45 PM had to wait 35 minutes and then had to call waitress overt to order aftert another 20 minutes entrees came out, main courses follwed. when we went to pay they tried to charge us for rice for a 7 month old baby (how ridicoulous). guy who finalised our bill saifd he had 3 new staff members on, thats his problem, if I had 3 new apprentices in the building industry her wouldnt have cared. dont know if I will go back. really poor service

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Set up in one of the older character buildings on London Circuit, went there earlier this week for a get together with my Canberra based friends. I was particularly appreciative of the efforts the staff went to to accommodate the concerns of my gluten-sensitive friend. Loved my crunchy green paw-paw salad.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

As it is constantly busy, I had high expectations of this restaurant. Unfortunately, I was extremely underwhelmed by the flavour of the dishes at Lemongrass. The pad thai was very wet - the chicken tough and the flavour dominated by fish sauce. I also ordered the raw papaya salad off the specials menu, which turned out to be a large mound of grated carrot and slivers of peanut accompanied by one small stick of cucumber on the side. Very disappointing! Not authentic at all.

The upside is that the drinks are comparatively cheap and the restaurant has a nice ambience.

1  Thank eMd0rphin
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Really good quality Thai food with friendly informal service . We shared dishes on both occasions and were groups of 8 both times and everything was par excellence . This is reliable place to bring friends/family to . I will be.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went to this place with a friend a couple of years ago (but wasn't on tripadvisor then so didn't write a review - but had to chose a date for review so I picked March 2013). We stood there inside the entrance waiting to be seated.
We waited, and waited, and waited.
Several waitresses walked past us - NO ONE acknowledged us.
I also made eye contact with the man at the bar on the left several times. He never made any response.
We must have stood there for a full three minutes and NO ONE came or even acknowledge us.
A "sorry, we will be with you in a minute." would have been nice. Busy? Sure. But someone could have at least talk to us.

We walked out.

So I can't rate this place as I never got to taste the food.

1  Thank Phi_Ngaw