“Great banquets, good value”

Lemon Grass Thai Restaurant
Ranked #220 of 1,408 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Make a booking, Staff friendly. Lunchtimes can be very crowded.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Have eaten at both Lemon Grass Thai Restaurants in Canberra (City and Woden), both are excellent. What I particularly like is the freshness of the food whether it is eat in or takeaway. Particular favourites are; entree - money bags and chicken peanut sauce stick, and mains - pad thai and beef chilli and cashews. But there is plenty to choose from!

1  Thank Ezza1002
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Great food and service in this restaurant had a lovely time and lovely food

Reviewed April 19, 2012

I'm not sure what happened to this eatery, it was great 3 years ago however....

My wife and I were looking forward to a rare night out to an old favourite restaurant without the kids.

The service upon arrival was terrible, basically show yourself to your table.My beer glass smelt like stale dishwasher water and that was only the beginning.

My wife found a lady beetle in the lettuce of her very wilted beef salad, it was pointed out to the very unattentive waiting staff whotook her plate and went to get another meal. They took at least 5 minutes to bring back a plate so she could continue with our shared main of duck. AS I was dishing out the duck which had another serve of wilted salad, I found a rotten lettuce leaf. It was obvious old salad leaves were being used and no-one was washing them either.

I went to find the manager, who has a screw loose. Number one rule is the customer is always right, but in this case, not so. He made it obvious he didn't beleive there was an issue and left me standing while he stromed off. My wife and I decided to leave there and then and as our night had been ruined I refused to pay for any of it, which so far had consisted of poor quality entree and 2 drinks. We had been served 2 more drinks which we did not touch.

Upon leaving the manager's face turned beetroot red and his eys popped out of his head like a deranged serial killer. He yelled out theif, theif and said he'd called the police. I said go for it as I am definitely not a thief. Well anyone would have thought he was being murdered as 2 cars and 5 police later my wife was very upset and he was goading me in front of her.

He wanted to charge me for the main meals and 2 drinks we did not touch as well as entrees and 2 drinks we did have. After 30 minutes of police work and my wife getting very upset I ended up paying for entrees and 2 drinks, just to get out of there.

So food, terrible, service, terrible, manager, a deranged idiot.

DON'T EAT THERE.

5  Thank CanberraChap
Reviewed April 17, 2012

if you are looking for the best Thai food in Canberra Civic centre look no further than Lemon Grass Thai. This place has been a thriving business for years and once you have eaten there you will know why. As a frequent business traveller to Canberra I usually eat here once a week and can recommend it for tasty food and value. The Red Curry Duck is excellent and my personal favourite. Beers and wines are very reasonably priced and there is an interesting range. The staff have all been around for as long as I have been going there (6 months) and the service is quick and friendly.

1  Thank avidtraveller195