“Great food ”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food ”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Ate at Iori... Had the chicken teriyaki and the tempura prawn. Fantastic... Best ever. The kids meal Bento box is so great value.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Canberra, Australia
“Great Dining Place”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The environment is good here. Warm and cozy. The person serving us was really friendly, must have been the manager.

I had the unagi (eel) and it was good! Although a little pricey, still worth coming back another time to try other items on the menu.

Visited October 2013
Canberra
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You cannot miss this Jap restaurant in CBD”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We made a booking for dinner at 7.30PM on a busy Saturday night and the dining experience is very good.

I agree that the pricing is expensive but it is worth it totally. Get the very first bite into the dish and I am sure that you will be amazed. The food is delicious, light and flavory. I had this Tofu Teriyaki dish and the sauce is heavenly beautiful. It is dark, thick and very tasty. Same with the eggplant dish which we shared is beautifully fried but still kept the natural flavour with a bit of honey and sesame. I love it. My friends was having the sashimi, volcanic sushi and they were very pleased with the quality.

I tried the small hot sake and a bottle of Sake Wine made from USA.

The atmosphere is nice and relaxing. I feel like as soon as I stepped inside the restaurant, all the troubles/ worries is left behind. All I can smell is the miso soup and warm cosy ambiance.

It is definitely a place to be for the weekend if you like to have Jap food in CBD.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tien L
Sydney, Australia
“Good choice (a cbd Japanese)”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

One of Canberra city's better (and quieter) Japanese restaurants. It has been around for many years, remains consistent in quality and service and reasonable value-for-money. I sat at the bar, ordered sashimi (+ a beer) and all was well received, I think with the slight delay in service delivery to the bench/bar (because very busy), the boss-man gave me a few more slices of the salmon - it was great (fresh, at the right cool temperature). I followed up with a seafood tempura and again excellent quality and flavours. People around me were getting O-bento-boxes and assortments of a la carte and all looks great. Will return there on my next trip to Canberra.

They have opened an Isakaya a few doors down the street, food's a bit different and style (assume same good quality, based on ownership).

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank deckchairtraveller
Canberra, Australia
“Near Authentic Japanese experience”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have lunch at Iori on a regular basis and can rarely find fault. I love sitting at the sushi bar and watching the sushi masters at work. The lunch boxes are extremely good value and the tempura very light. Ingredients are always the freshest and best. The staff are friendly and service is steady so lunchers can eat and be back in the office within the hour. It is a very popular and quite small restaurant so it is necessary to book for both lunch and pre-theatre.

• Visited June 2013