“The restaurant has gone downhill........”

Indian Affair Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 1,395 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Had dinner at the Indian Affair last weekend with friends. Sadly the place has really gone downhill. The quality was poor and it seemed that everything had been made the previous day and reheated...the food had no fragrance at all...surprising for an Indian restaurant. We had the banquet which was terrible. Very few rotis/nans were provided and we had to beg for more, the Goan fish curry was tasteless and even the rice was stale. To top it off, we were overcharged an extra bottle corkage which is not cheap at $7 per bottle! The gulab jamun was tasteless and even tinned versions taste better and my friend was even short changed on the quantity of dessert provided. Lastly the prices are high compared to most restaurants in the area with approximately $21 for the average dish! The place has really gone down and I'm afraid I will not be going there anytime soon. Rama's, Ethiopia Down Under, Lemongrass, Baithong and Chinatown are all far better options!

3  Thank Bala C
There are newer reviews for Indian Affair Restaurant

Reviewed May 22, 2014

That's the only word to describe the food.

The chaat had no tamarind sauce and too many onions. The tandoori chicken looked good.

The butter chicken was so sweet, that it should have been listed under the dessert section of the menu. The vegetable korma was bland, with hardly any cashew flavour. The lamb rogan josh and the vindaloo were good, with tender pieces of meat. The naan breads were so-so, soft and not too crisp.

The service was excellent, very attentive and courteous.

Unfortunately, excellent service does not compensate for average food, and I'm sure there are better Indian restaurants in Canberra. Which is why I will look elsewhere for my indian food fix the next time around.

4  Thank MJD013
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend are regular clients! I love this restaurant, food is just amazing! Quality and falvours are at the top!

I m Italian but I enjoy indian cuisine and this is the restaurant I would suggest to anybody that wants to taste some real indian dishes!
The service is also very good and the owners are lovely people with a great sense of humour!

Just love it!

Camilla

3  Thank Camilla G
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

The food is great, and place and atmosphere is great and the service is great! What else do you want?

We always get the samosa, malai kofta and mango or butter chicken with two cheese naan. It seems to get better every time!

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The butter chicken and lamb saag were our best picks and I would order them again along with the naan. Also tried beef madras, Goan fish curry and Palak Paneer.
We did not try dessert, but the kulfi looked great.
Very generous discount with the Canberra entertainment card

2  Thank CanberraMichele