“Great taste and huge serve”

Happy's Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 1,408 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual Chinese dining in the heart of the Canberra CBD. Serving Locals and visitors since 1962.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had Schezuan chook with fried rice. Enough for 2-3 humans, for about $25. Very tasty and quick. Great service. Will be back.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place has decent food but the worst service ever! They treat you like you are an inconvenience to them instead of you being a paying customer in their restaurant. Don't bother wasting your time or money, unless you like being treated horribly.

2  Thank ratcheson
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have been eating here on and off for nearly 30 years, more frequently since I've had kids and for the last ten years it has been a firm family favourite. Extensive menu, good prices for Canberra and always fast, efficient service. Sizzling duck in plum sauce is a particularly good choice but hard to go wrong with anything off the menu.

1  Thank FilBee
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I found Happy's thanks to TripAdvisor, and I'm so glad I told my partner about it! We are big on Asian food and to see many Asian patrons here gave it a seal of approval.

Basic Asian cuisine, served super fast and attentive staff- you only had to look their way and they would be at the table asking how they could help.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My Partner and I had a meal here yesterday 17/6/13 and it was quiet busy, our order was taken quiet quickly, we had 2 Happy's Spring Rolls, 2 Vegetarian Spring Rolls, Satay Chicken, Chicken Fried Rice Noodle, Fried Rice and 2 soft drinks.
The food arrived quickly and very hot, my partner loved the Satay Chicken and said it's the best he's had and the same as the Spring Rolls but he wasn't impressed with the Fried Rice. I had the Chicken Fried Rice Noodle and I really enjoy this dish from there and for the 1st time I haven't been able to eat it all.
We will definitely come back.