“Handsome Burglar”
Review of Edgar's Inn

Edgar's Inn
Ranked #224 of 1,395 Restaurants in Canberra
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of Canberra’s best-kept secrets away from the bustling CBD, Edgar’s is a second home to many Ainslie locals. Be it coffee and croissants or craft beer and crabmeat, Edgar’s does it all and does it well. One of the best places to catch live sport, its closed environment provides an intimate atmosphere for customers. The laidback vibe of this venue really comes through on a Sunday afternoon, with live acoustic music to wrap up your weekend.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The atmosphere is very good, especially the outdoor area. The Food however APPEARS (china wall emphasis on appears) delicious. We were in a hurry but starving so couldn't be bothered going anywhere else as it is close by, idiotically decided to eat there despite previous average food experience with the exorbitant prices. Should have just gone to McDonalds drive through to minimize casualty to my stomach and not my wallet too. Ordered the Edgars burger and my partner ordered the Edgars sausage. One of the worst burgers/sausages I have EVER tried and for 19$ each????

The worst thing about this is that I didn't have the courage to complain about the food while I was there. I have never complained or returned food in my life yet this time I actually felt terrible about myself for not doing so. As if I let team humanity down. It was so bad that I actually feel like I was bullied and couldn't stand up for myself. Injured pride or dignity is hard to shake off, not even after writing this review; you should feel ashamed of yourself Edgars. Regardless of your delicious small snacks and good atmosphere, have some pride and don’t sell crap mains. Oh you handsome burglar you.

There are newer reviews for Edgar's Inn

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went there for coffee, in late afternoon, ordered cashew nuts too. Got our basic coffees, waited for a while, eventually asked a waitress for our nuts, told they were coming.......it wasn't busy, she didn't bother to actually go and check on them, or to fetch them...we waited some more, finished our coffees, needing to go we asked for a refund as we had not received them, waiter was rude and begrudging refunded. Better places to do coffee............how long does it take to pour a few nuts into a bowl......apparently a lot longer than we though!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had an evening meal here with colleagues on a recent business trip. This is definitely not fine dining, and it does not pretend to be so. It is however quite superior pub dining with a varied menu and well cooked and presented food. The ambience is warm and friendly. This is enhanced by the solid slab timber tables an bench seats. The glow and solidity of the timber really adds to the experience. It is a great place to get a number of people together in a very relaxed atmosphere.

I had a rib-eye which was cooked perfectly as ordered, and my colleagues all enjoyed their meals. We were served a starter of chicken wings in soy eschallot and herb sauce which was really tasty. The wine list was good with some very good reds.

Service was friendly and helpful, even though the staff was under some pressure as the place was full with a fairly noisy crowd, it being a State of Origin Football night. From a sports fan point of view, there were enough large TV screeens to ensure that everyone had a good view of the match.

Great pub dining, I would go again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nice little bar tucked away at the Ainslie shops. Great for a summer afternoon session, but can get quite cold in Winter with only limited seating inside. Definitely recommend though for the good staff and nice meals.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Canberra confuses people: each of the little suburbs has its own style and eateries. It's seriously decentralised! But I could recommend taking a quick trip to Edgar's Inn for a spot of lunch in a Canberra Pseudo-Pub atmosphere. Canberra does not "do" pubs, as such. The food is great, the beer is cold and it's a nice place to hang out!