“A Canberra institution”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Cheap + Fast + DELICIOUS = Dickson Noodle House. Just do it.

Their Laksa is famous for a reason and they also do the best Char Kway Teow in town. My partner is rather partial to the prawn Singapore noodles.

If you're taking away, it'll be ready in 10 minutes guaranteed; if you're dining in, particularly for dinner (or lunch on weekends) you'd be smart to make a booking as it's packed pretty much every night!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

From someone who has travelled to SE Asia and more broadly, this place nailed it. Whenever people visit Canberra I always take them here. If you haven't already been here, do yourself a favour. It is a Canberra institution which has been here for around 20 years. A really well run family business.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Ive been coming to the noodle house off and on for 10 years and I have never been disappointed. Definitely the best Laksa in town, but also great Char Kweoy Teow. I've been through most of the menu and have my favorites, but friends always have their own.

Service is kind and quick, but we often book ahead for dinners and are ok to linger longer if we want. Some people tend to think their manner is brisk and rude, I disagree... Some people just need to relax and not expect to be doted upon all the time.

I'll keep coming back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Asian Noodle House never fails to impress $11 for a laksa or $13 for a large, amazing flavor fast service how could you ever go wrong?

1  Thank Oren F
Reviewed October 24, 2012

It is hard giving a critique on an old friend and after 18 years I feel that the Noodle House is an old friend that faithfully reproduces my favourite dishes without variation in flavour or quality year in and year out.
Most of the foods origin can be traced to Thailand and Laos, with a touch of Singapore and Malaysia thrown in, my favourites are the Larb beef, Roast duck rice and the not on the menu Dry Hokien Mix, but I can honestly that out of their extensive menu i have never had a poor meal.
The cafe is BYO and quite reasonably priced, we always BYO and our bill is around $25 each after having more than enough to eat.....HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

1  Thank Gillmeiter