“Rude-shouldn't be in the customer service business.”
Review of Cafe Pronto - CLOSED

Cafe Pronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We went for breakfast using a voucher. We were told that the cafe was busy but was seated as we had booked ahead but it didn't stop the manager from being rude to us. He didn't bother going through the order or giving us a choice of breads as per the menu. was very much in a hurry even though there was only one other table to be served and they were waiting for another person to arrive before ordering.
My partner's meal arrived 15 min before mine so he finished well before mine arrived. Food was ordinary.
If you're looking for a nice breakfast to start the weekend , avoid Pronto. Walk a little further to Debacle where the service is prompt and polite and ambience great. We went there after being turned away from Pronto about a month ago for not booking ahead and daring to front up to a near empty cafe-only to be told that they were 'fully booked'.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

had a lovely meal here. service good and food reasonable.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We arrived at a deserted cafe pronto at 9.00 am with our voucher for a big $53 breakfast to gird us for our 4 hour drive home. The menu was ordinary but we just wanted to fill up and go.

The waiter finally came out from the kitchen and started to take us to a table. Then he saw the voucher. He then said he couldn't seat us. They were fully booked. That 's it. We were the only people there and they were fully booked. Turned his back on us and told us to go. No apologies. No flexibility.

Later I found out that they are known for not honouring vouchers - have earned their title The Voucher Nazi.

1  Thank turalucy1301
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Miserable service, and even worse food. Staff were the rudest I have ever experienced. I'd rate this the worst restaurant in Canberra for sure. I also found out afterwards when sharing my poor experience with friends, that they had also had bad experiences like those from the previous post regarding Groupon vouchers. 2 friends have been turned away after arriving to an almost empty restaurant soley because they wanted to use their vouchers it seems. With so many dining options available in the CIVIC area, I would steer well clear of this one.

1  Thank Disgruntled502
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I went to Cafe Pronto with a groupon voucher. When I called to make a reservation they told me that I did not need to, so I didn't. When I arrived (I live over 3 hours away) the man I spoke to told me that I needed to make a reservation and come back. He was exceptionally rude! He told me that no one would have told me that I didn't need to make a reservation etc etc. He was awful and after that experience I would never, ever go back. His cafe was only 1/4 full, it wasn't as if they were at full capacity and couldn't fit us in. He lost out on some business big time as my soon to be husband and I are moving to Canberra at the end of the year.