“Pronto - go if you like pedestrian food coupled with rude treatment”
Review of Cafe Pronto - CLOSED

Cafe Pronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We arrived at a deserted cafe pronto at 9.00 am with our voucher for a big $53 breakfast to gird us for our 4 hour drive home. The menu was ordinary but we just wanted to fill up and go.

The waiter finally came out from the kitchen and started to take us to a table. Then he saw the voucher. He then said he couldn't seat us. They were fully booked. That 's it. We were the only people there and they were fully booked. Turned his back on us and told us to go. No apologies. No flexibility.

Later I found out that they are known for not honouring vouchers - have earned their title The Voucher Nazi.

1  Thank turalucy1301
There are newer reviews for Cafe Pronto

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Miserable service, and even worse food. Staff were the rudest I have ever experienced. I'd rate this the worst restaurant in Canberra for sure. I also found out afterwards when sharing my poor experience with friends, that they had also had bad experiences like those from the previous post regarding Groupon vouchers. 2 friends have been turned away after arriving to an almost empty restaurant soley because they wanted to use their vouchers it seems. With so many dining options available in the CIVIC area, I would steer well clear of this one.

1  Thank Disgruntled502
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I went to Cafe Pronto with a groupon voucher. When I called to make a reservation they told me that I did not need to, so I didn't. When I arrived (I live over 3 hours away) the man I spoke to told me that I needed to make a reservation and come back. He was exceptionally rude! He told me that no one would have told me that I didn't need to make a reservation etc etc. He was awful and after that experience I would never, ever go back. His cafe was only 1/4 full, it wasn't as if they were at full capacity and couldn't fit us in. He lost out on some business big time as my soon to be husband and I are moving to Canberra at the end of the year.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We went with the family (6 adults, 2 kids, 1 baby) for breakfast on Easter Monday. The staff were very friendly and the service was great. Our coffee's were brought out quickly and our orders taken in a timely manner. We weren't rushed but we also weren't in a hurry. We had a variety of the options, the mushroom dish was the best, but the eggs were all cooked very well. I think the price was the nicest surprise. Unlike the overpriced dishes in Kingston and Manuka, these dishes are well priced and you get a good sized portion.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Having gone with my partner previously, a friend and I decided to go this time. Very disappointed. Our main (we had a living social voucher so we only ordered mains) came 90 mins after we ordered and it when it did arrive it was barely warm. Service was non existent and the restaurant had 2 or 3 tables of other diners. It was so bad we didn't bother with dessert and decided to spend our hard earned elsewhere. Would not recommend.

3  Thank familyfrenzy