“Italian style, and then some. Great coffee, fine food.”
Review of Cafe Lella

Cafe Lella
Ranked #954 of 1,389 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
“Italian style, and then some. Great coffee, fine food.”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Xmas eve Monday, lots of stress in the air but all serene @ Cafe Lella. Coffee & brekky all accomplished within the half hour. Top service, good food, great coffee. 'Nough said.

sydney
“Good cafe food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We met friends at Cafe Lella for lunch on a sunny Saturday. There were 3 adults and 6 kids and everyone enjoyed what they had. Pumpkin ravioli with hazelnuts, sage and butter was tasty. Kids had pancakes or pasta with milk shakes or smoothies. Service was friendly

• Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST COFFEE IN CANBERRA”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Congratulations you have the best coffee in canberra. Very impressive.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank tim d
Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffee and delicious food”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This Cafe is undoubtedly one of the best Italian coffee and food establishments I have ever come across! It is wonderful to get the opportunity to express my gratitude to the staff of Cafe Lella!
I always visit Cafe Lella when I am in Canberra. I have spent a few years living in Europe during which time I developed an appreciation of frequenting Italian style Cafes. Upon discovering Cafe Lella I have not found a need to go anywhere else.

The coffee is wonderful and full bodied, it is obviously a proper Italian blend. The food has consistently been outstanding and the menu is so extensive I am encouraged to always try a new dish, though my favourite dish remains the spicy arrabiata pasta! You can see food being carefully prepared in the open kitchen. I like the fact that the food is prepared with fresh ingredients and made to order rather then pre-prepared.

The Cafe is a family run business which is obvious by their welcoming and open approach to customers! I feel part of their extensive family and enjoy catching up with them when I am in town.

I do not even bother visiting other Cafe's in Canberra. The food and coffee can't be matched or of a more similar quality to real Italian traditions! I have recommended the cafe to many friends, and they have all loved it as much as I have.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Amelia S
Canberra, Australia
“Waited an hour for an average sandwich”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Sad to say that we waited for almost an hour for our meals which came out one by one. Food very average, Noticed at the table next to us a chap had a cheese melt sitting in front of him for about 20 minutes waiting for his friends meals to arrive. If it had been busy you could maybe have understood it but half the tables were empty. I hope it was just a bad day as the place had been recommended to us. One of our group said the food was normally better.

• Visited May 2012