“Good cafe food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating
sydney
“Good cafe food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We met friends at Cafe Lella for lunch on a sunny Saturday. There were 3 adults and 6 kids and everyone enjoyed what they had. Pumpkin ravioli with hazelnuts, sage and butter was tasty. Kids had pancakes or pasta with milk shakes or smoothies. Service was friendly

• Visited September 2012

Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST COFFEE IN CANBERRA”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Congratulations you have the best coffee in canberra. Very impressive.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank tim d
Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffee and delicious food”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This Cafe is undoubtedly one of the best Italian coffee and food establishments I have ever come across! It is wonderful to get the opportunity to express my gratitude to the staff of Cafe Lella!
I always visit Cafe Lella when I am in Canberra. I have spent a few years living in Europe during which time I developed an appreciation of frequenting Italian style Cafes. Upon discovering Cafe Lella I have not found a need to go anywhere else.

The coffee is wonderful and full bodied, it is obviously a proper Italian blend. The food has consistently been outstanding and the menu is so extensive I am encouraged to always try a new dish, though my favourite dish remains the spicy arrabiata pasta! You can see food being carefully prepared in the open kitchen. I like the fact that the food is prepared with fresh ingredients and made to order rather then pre-prepared.

The Cafe is a family run business which is obvious by their welcoming and open approach to customers! I feel part of their extensive family and enjoy catching up with them when I am in town.

I do not even bother visiting other Cafe's in Canberra. The food and coffee can't be matched or of a more similar quality to real Italian traditions! I have recommended the cafe to many friends, and they have all loved it as much as I have.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Amelia S
Canberra, Australia
“Waited an hour for an average sandwich”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Sad to say that we waited for almost an hour for our meals which came out one by one. Food very average, Noticed at the table next to us a chap had a cheese melt sitting in front of him for about 20 minutes waiting for his friends meals to arrive. If it had been busy you could maybe have understood it but half the tables were empty. I hope it was just a bad day as the place had been recommended to us. One of our group said the food was normally better.

• Visited May 2012
“Takes poor customer service to a new level”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We ate there today and it was only half full but it took an hour and a quarter for a basic order of 4 sandwiches to arrive.

When ordering a vegemite sandwich for my 2yr I was told we can provide you with bread, butter and Vegemite for you to do it yourself but can't make you a sandwich.

This was just the beginning. We asked about our order a number of times to be told it would be out shortly but still we waited.

To finish off this shocking service when I said something to the manager his response was good food takes time?? A piece of bread with butter and Vegemite takes an hour an a quarter. There was no compensation offered.

I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy!