“Delicious curry!”
Review of Bollywood Masala Dickson - CLOSED

Bollywood Masala Dickson
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bollywood Masala is an award winning Indian restaurant operating in Dickson for over 9 years and newly opened in Kingston. Its commitment to cooking food in the traditional indian style, using key ingredients cooked in-house, set it apart from other Indian restaurants. While all dishes are prepared with equal love and attention, signature dishes like the Leg of Lamb, Stuffed Squid, Dal Bollywood and fig and almond kulfi are worth a try. All food is cooked to order and naan breads served fresh from the tandoor. Plenty of vegetarian, gluten free options. Takeaway meals and competitively priced catering services are available.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We visited this place after looking at all the positive reviews on tripadvisor. The ambiance of the restaurant was nice but they were playing the radio on the speakers when we came in at 6pm. They had just opened at that time and changed the music an hour later which was okay. We ordered the leg of lamb curry which is their signature dish, butter chicken, garlic naan and had the mixed platter entree. The flavours were amazing! It definitely is one of the best Indian restaurants I've been to. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Arrived on a cold winter's night. Quiet. We were a party of 6 partly wanting vegetarian, partly wanting glutenfree, partly wanting meat. The waiter obliged and gave us the necessary info. We all enjoyed our dishes after they arrived. Cost per couple was $60. Good value for very tasty food. The Bollywood Dhal is exceptionally tasty.

1  Thank Madshus
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is probably one of the best restaurants in canberra. Great food. I went to the restaurant for a friend's daughter's birthday party and was amazed. One of the dishes I really liked was the Butter Chicken which was quite authentic rather than the sweet modified version you get at other Indian restaurants in Australia.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've said this before on this site (I spose I go to a lot of Indian restaurants) but this is one of the best Indian restaurants I have ever been too, perhaps the best! First off, they use only the best ingredients, that includes the supposed 'inexpensive' ingredients, such as lentils. This means that only the best food hits the table. Proof of this is the Dal Bollywood, or 'Heaven in a Bucket', which is full of lentils and beans, two ingredients that I generally avoid. In fact, I usually hate Dals, but this one is one of the best dishes I've ever had. Other excellent dishes include the Malai Kofte (the best version I've ever had), the Onion Bijhali, the Kashmiri Nann (which is incredibly unique, using glace cherries), the Sundried Tomato Nann and the Gulab Jamon. The food is also fantastic value, is inexpensive and you get only the best ingredients.What I love further is that they don't skimp on the takeaway food (most Indian restaurants I've been to let the ball drop when it comes their takeaway, not here) which is just as fantastic as the eat-in served at the restaurant. Service is also good, only once have I had to face a substantial wait and that was on Valentine's Day, in a packed restaurant and the food quality didn't drop, despite how busy the kitchen would have been. The staff are also good, nice and knowledgeable, although they can be a bit shy and short at times (perhaps due to the language barrier), but nothing that detracts from the overall experience that is Indian cuisine at its finest!

Overall, Bollywood is amazing eat-in or take-away, using only the best ingredients and is wonderful value for money. Waiting expectantly for my next wonderful visit!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The wife and I had the staple butter chicken and we're very pleased. Great tasting food, and judging from the atmosphere inside, would be worth a visit to sit down and eat.

BollywoodMasala, Owner at Bollywood Masala Dickson, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Hi and thanks for your positive feedback. It is good to hear that our takeaway is holding up to its standards. Of course we would love you to come in and dine-in as well. Regards Arjan