“Hmmmmm”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We found this quite expensive for what was provided. My husband ordered a medium done steak - it arrived medium rare. My vegetarian dish was tasty enough, although both that and the vegetables we ordered were over oiled. Actually, the green vegetables on the menu were not the green vegetables that were delivered. However, the bread (which was charged as an extra) appeared to be stale - who semi toasts slices of white loaf, unless you want to tart it up ?

On the positive side, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I decided on night to try out a new restaurant in Kingston as i hadn't been there in quite a while and neither my self or my partner felt like cooking. We showed up to be greeted by the manager who treated us like long lost friends for the rest of the night.
The place was pretty quiet but given it was a Wednesday night I wasn't surprised. We started with 1/2 Doz. Oysters natural and 1/2 Doz Kilpatrick. The natural oysters came out first, they were the perfect temperature served on a bed of salt and tasted like they had been harvested and shucked just as we walked in! The Kilpatrick was the best i have ever tasted.

The folowing courses were also excellent and the Creme' Brulee is to die for!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

You will note from my previous reviews (of which there are a reasonable number) that I am very fair and rarely dish out savage criticism.

Well here is the exception.

I attended Artespresso at about 11:30AM on Sunday 14 April 2013. I was with a friend and his young son and we wanted coffee / morning tea.

The place was quite busy, but there were tables available. We were greeted by a person who I assume was the manager (a man with a beard) who rudely and abruptly said, and I quote, "If you just want coffee I don't have a table for you". We looked a bit surprised and went to leave without saying anything, at which point the unprovoked verbal tirade continued. "What do you expect? Try running a business yourselves. It's economics. I don't have room for people who want to spend change on coffee".

All of this before we even uttered a word beyond "Good morning mate, just after a table for 3 for some coffee" !

We didn't pursue the argument any further. It was already offensive enough in front of a young boy and we just wanted to get him away from the situation.

Words in a review can't really do justice to what was a horrible experience. It's been a long time since I've encountered treatment like this.

As I said at the beginning, I think this might be the first time I've ever given a rating of "terrible". I would urge anyone who reads this review to STAY AWAY from this place. A person like this does not deserve your custom.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Finally a restaurant who knows how to prepare and serve oysters....they were the correct temperature - not frozen from being placed on a bed of ice, but on rock salt. They were freshly shucked and tasted like they were fresh off the rocks! I am a Creme Brulee addict, and can only say this version is amazing....a surprise that's for sure. Go and find out for yourself!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

From a simple Caesar Salad (seasonal) to an expansive multi course meal this is one of my favourite restaurants for entertaining out of town visitors. I have never had a complaint.
Host, Craig, is an experienced restaurateur and is always on hand to ensure his diners have a memorable time and the desire to return.
The décor is simple and there are balconies for dining outside in the warmer months.