“Gorgeous! Eat here!”
Review of Ardeche - CLOSED

Ardeche
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Gorgeous! Eat here!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful restaurant. After a long week in Canberra on business, dinner here was a lovely relaxing experience. Greeted warmly by what I assume was the owner, we were treated so well throughout our meal. Service was attentive, subtle and professional. Food was delicious and generous - my chicken tagine was around $25 and worth every dollar. A very reasonable wine list price wise. Dessert (including a very nice crepe suzette) was a lovely close to the meal, though dessert prices were a little high in my opinion. Atmosphere was lovely too - pleasant music and candle on table. I'd encourage any one to try it!

Adelaide, Australia
“A long-time favourite”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This restaurant has been a favourite of mine for a number years, and the love affair continues every time I return to Canberra. Cosy little restaurant in an out of the way corner of the city, with fantastic staff and a great selection of French classics. The owner always remembers who I am (even though I no longer live in Canberra and only get back there once a year), and forgives me for practicing my very poor French at every visit. Love the classic French menu....

• Visited February 2013
North Sydney, Australia
“an absolute gem”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Ardeche is a fabulous french restaurant in Canberra City. I had the Beef Bourgignon and it was absolutely delicious. Wine menu is fantastic. A good place to go for couples it has a certain romance to it. The staff are very welcoming and attentive.

• Visited December 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent service, good food, fair prices”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Dined at Ardeche for first time in a year or so. An unusual feature was watching a string of camels outside giving Christmas rides! Ardeche is conveniently located for Canberra Theatre and staff willingly paced service to cater for our need to leave for a show at a fixed time. On previous visits we've sometimes found service a bit slow.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank oztraveller61
Canberra, Australia
“Ardeche Morrocco meats France”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The food is great, the service is always fabulous & very friendly, we always have a lovely time when we go to Ardeche.

Visited August 2012