Tripadvisor
Search
Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Awesome visit!

Amazed to see the wild animals such as lions, bears, panda among others but my nephews and nieces... read more

Reviewed yesterday
LoveTravel652045
Wow (Walk on the Wild Side)

Such an incredible experience, and something I believe everyone should do at least once in their... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 6 days ago
bekahannejohnson
Yass, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Canberra
from $10.94
from $14.36
from $228.73
1,445 results
All reviews cheetah experience jamala wildlife lodge sun bears animal encounters red panda big cats wildside tour great variety of animals animal lovers feed the animals sausage sizzle once in a lifetime behind the scenes an amazing experience bucket list school holidays enclosures
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I took our son (2 years old) to the National Zoo and Aquarium in December, and we had such an amazing time! While it was extremely hot (during the terrible bushfires), we thought the zoo was well put together as there were plenty of shade, picnic areas and accessible walkways.

The zoo hosted numerous animal which our son was delighted to see. The aquarium was good although we didn't spend too long in the exhibit as it area was small and got crowded quickly with other guests.

We were blown away with the kids play area. We definitely did not expect this! The were several slides, play grounds, swings and children's obstacle courses where my son (and husband) had a great time playing on/with. Note: at the time of our visit, this area was listed as "under construction" on the map. But we can definitely say that this was so much fun, as the play areas were decorated with numerous animals and had a safari theme, which was both fun and educational.

We highly recommend visiting! Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and bring lots of water!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 8, 2020

I have visited here quite a few times now and I always love it. Have been to many zoos across Australia and this is one of my favourites. Well planned out with a numbered route to follow, easy walking paths, great enclosures.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020

My daughter, my grandchildren aged 2 & 4 and myself enjoyed a great day at the zoo. The ease of seeing the animals using the numbered Adventure Trail made the easy to navigate.
The animals were easy to see, with excellent explanations with maps and “extinction “ classification. The guide map provided good information. We especially enjoyed the tiger presentation. The 2 year old also really liked the giraffe.
In 2 and half hours we saw the zoo but could easily have taken longer. We finished our tour by buying sausages for the grandchildren (which they loved) and some well priced merchandise.
A great day out!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Daughter and I have been to this zoo numerous times. Next visit will be close encounter with the white loins , easy to walk around a couple of cafes spaced out as are toilets. The aquarium and snake cave are most enjoyable, well worth the visit.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2020

Last week my partner and I did the walk on the wildside tour with our guide Stella and it was unforgettable, you really get to do and see so much and see how well these animals are taken care off!
Hands down best zoo and best zoo experience we have ever had !!

Cant thank the staff and volunteers enough !

Date of experience: December 2019