“DON'T DO IT”

Belconnen Hotel/Motel and Serviced Apartments
Ranked #42 of 58 Hotels in Canberra
Reviewed October 20, 2012

OMG it was so incredibly unclean. The outdated slow lift stank. Dark, rank and old. On walking in the room it was obvious the double bed was completely sunken. There were visible large crumbs around the table and unidentified lumpy stains on the carpet. The black valance around one single bed had unidentified dribble stains. The double sunken bed valance had mould stains right across one side. The tap in bathroom had a huge amonut of raised silicone, like it had been done may times. The cleaners should be fired and a health inspection undertaken. The receptionist had mentioned on arrival that the old functions rooms had been made into rooms and opened three weeks ago so we asked about them on complaint of the condition of our room and had to pay the extra fee to stay in one of them. Although to our relief the room was new the feel of lack of care was planted. The new Room was ill furnished with no where to really seat, the curtains did not extend across the whole of the window and the craftsmanship seemed bodgy. The door stop did not work, all the lights randomly turned on in the middle of the night, the bathroom tiles were finish wrong, the powerpoint was in front of the pole for the desk/kitchen bench/table and the sign requesting you do your own dishes and straighten the bed to keep costs down was at this point belly laughable.

• Stayed: October 2012
6  Thank Wendwil
There are newer reviews for Belconnen Hotel/Motel and Serviced Apartments

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed for work over 2 nights.
They were in the middle of renovations.
The room smelt like sewerage.
The amenities were filthy
I wanted to make a coffee and went to fill the kettle with water and saw that the kettle was dirty and brown on the inside. I advise staff who were apologetic and changed my room.
The location was not the best either - I woke up with empty beer bottles in the back of my ute.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
2  Thank C F
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The first night of my stay the $3000 hard top was stolen off my ute. Managers response to request for video footage or supposed security patrols? Over the years many things have been stolen off the cars, even cars themselves. I was not informed of this. Soccer club video? Will check when they have time. Supermarket? Looked down thier nose at me. Police? Cant do anything.
Female receptionists are friendly and helpful or as helpful as allowed to be. Male managers rude, obnoxious and harrassing, they even let themselves into my apartment to check i had not done a runner..this morning the manager ignored the do not disturb sign, knocked while opening the door and was embarrassed and horrorfied to see me standing there, fortunately for him fully clothed. Reason given? Noticed my ute was not there. Explanation given by me? A truck was blocking my driveway access and my ute was parked in supermarket carpark. Basically these people are saying they expect me to runaway without paying even tho they have my drivers license and car rego. Very nice people indeed.
Other problems: internal door used as external which buckled after rain and could not be closed. Bedroom light not working, dodgy swtches that zap u, bed sagging and stained, carpet damp, stretched, filthy and even had dog excrements along skirting boards, B.I.R runners, bottom of sofa and windows. Leaf blowers at 8am and tradesmen banging around on roof.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Gobsmackedvic
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The Hotel was a little dated but it was very clean and really warm, a lot of the time I did not require the the heating on and believe me it was very cold outside. Hardly any noise just the odd door closing etc. There is a shopping centre next door with a number of restaurants, I recommend the Chinese Restaurant, just can't remember the name but there is only one.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chrissy50
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We booked via an online website that advertised a certain type of apartment that turned out did not exist and we were instead put into a smaller, much smaller, apartment. The reception even insisted that that's what we had booked for when this is clearly not the case!

I had to call the booking office to get it sorted but unfortunately it was fully booked on the first night so we had to put up with the smaller apartment. A larger apartment was later offered to us for our second night stay as a goodwill gesture.

The whole experience had left a sour taste for our stay at the property.

Room Tip: If you booked online, bring a printout of the room description with you just in case.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tony Y
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My family and I stayed in the Family room here last week. We were very pleased to find that it had obviously been recently renovated . New carpet, new TV, new kitchen. It was very large and spacious. Most importantly it was very clean.

We felt that it was great value for the price we paid.

Room Tip: The large family rooms are very tidy and clean and new.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Benjamin S
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Pretty much what you expect in a non-CBD hotel/motel these days no matter what city or country you are in. I wanted to play golf while I was in Canberra for business, so it was perfect for what I wanted. A hot shower and a comfortable bed are the key criteria for me. If I want the Hyatt, I'll pay for it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business