Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
  • Room Service
$122
Brassey Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$100
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$153
$146
  • Restaurant
Pavilion on Northbourne(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$131
$109
$184
Priceline
Ovolo Nishi(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$231
$174
  • Restaurant
Forrest Hotel And Apartments(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$98
$83
East Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$181
$169
Hotwire.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgerman clubexecutive queen roomroom was cleanfree wifiplenty of parkingstay there againminute drivecontinental breakfastpleasant staygreat place to staygood sizequiet locationnational gallerystayed nightsundercover parkingcar parkthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed at the Best Western Garden City Hotel (Motel) for 3 nights. I traveled to Canberra to see the Melbourne Aces play the Canberra Cavalry. This hotel is right next to the baseball field so it was very convenient for the games. You will need other means of transportation if you are heading for the city as the . i noticed most guests had a car or took a taxi. I am a walker, but the hotel people suggested taxi or maybe a bus. A friend of mine rented a car.

The Best Western Garden City is comfortable. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the tv's are big and the showers are great too. I was able to read and relax when I needed to. The lobby has a computer and guests have unlimited access, and there is a small gym.

The staff is friendly and helpful, especially those who clean the rooms and make up the beds. They will do anything for you and you don't have to ask. My key didn't work and one young man let me in my room and then volunteered to go down to the desk and have a new key made for me. Afterwards he went down to the basement and found something I needed.
My room didn't come with breakfast. I thought the price for continental breakfast $14. was a bit more than what I wanted to spend, but the prices here in Australia are high everywhere you go.

Overall, I was very much satisfied, and I highly recommend it if you have a car or other means of transportation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank moonriverguy
GardenCityCanberra, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear Moonriverguy,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review of your stay with us here at Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel.

I'm glad you had such a fantastic stay with us here. We are just five minutes walk away from the home ground of the mighty Canberra Cavalry - the Narrabundah Ballpark - and always enjoying hosting the stays of travelling spectators to the games.

It is also pleasing to read that your room exceeded your expectations; both in facilities and cleanliness.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back again next time.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 23, 2011

This high priced, hotel/motel is very basic for the price, and totally devoid any atmosphere. Beige on beige, I woke depressed. And while it has large flat screen TVs, the reception is awful. On the other hand the rooms are clean, reasonable size and everything but the TV worked fine.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Holidaying_Aussie
GardenCityCanberra, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2011

Dear Holidaying_Aussie,

Thanks for taking the time to write of your experience staying with us. Our rooms have all been fully refurbished recently and, while colour schemes are slightly different depending on room category, they are mostly decorated in neutral tones. I'm sorry this resulted in your waking up depressed! One person's "chocolate/cream" is another person's "brown/beige", I guess!

If you are ever returning to Canberra, I urge you to give us another shot. Let me buy you a drink at our Secret Garden Bar & Restaurant; we have recently introduced an evening happy hour and some great promos and if this is an aged care facility, we are groovy old folk!

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed here for one night in an executive queen room which would have been recently refurbished. The room was on top floor, overlooking the pool area. It was extremely modern and comfortable with a huge LCD TV on wall and "dream" beds - we felt like we were sleeping on clouds! The bathroom was very modern and clean. The location for us was perfect as it was in a quiet area and only 15 min drive from central Canberra. You will need a car to tour Canberra as the attractions are all fairly spaced apart. We had no issues with reception, check in and out went without any hassles.

Room Tip: Our Executive queen room was very modern and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Clint-Dana,

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to post your review on Tripadvisor. It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had such a fantastic night's sleep.

As you mention, all of our rooms have been fully refurbished within the last eighteen months - which we are very happy to know that you enjoyed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Best Western Garden City in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed her via a quick internet search and found this place to be one of the cheapest! I was very hapay with my stay my room was nicley furnished with a very comfy bed! :) and great friendly staff who always answered my questions i did eat at the restaurant all the nights i stayed their and found it very present the meals were nice and the waters and waitress were more then friendly and easy to talk to :) overall i loved it abduction will be definitely very coming back!!

• Stayed: October 2011
GardenCityCanberra, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Thanks for your review, Tracy. We always try to provide great accommodation with excellent service and it is pleasing to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your kind comments will most definitely be passed onto our staff, who will be thrilled to know that their efforts are appreciated by our guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden City Hotel again in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 23, 2011

My experience at this hotel was mostly good. The rooms were clean and tidy and fairly spacious, the decor a little dated. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was ok, I only ate breakfast there though. The hotel is a fair way out of the city though, so you would need to have a hire car to get around canberra or be ok with using the bus to get around. No wi-fi available and limited room service hours so when I checked in late on the first night, there was no way to get anything to eat. Better hotel in this price range than others I have stayed in, in Canberra.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us, Melanie.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your constructive feedback is most appreciated. I am pleased to advise that we are in the process of installing wifi throughout the entire hotel. The logistics are proving a little tricky, given the corridors running in different directions. Most of the building is now covered, with just a small section remaining.

We are located in the inner-southern suburbs, away from the noise of the city. We are a five minute drive from most of the big national attractions - Parliament, National Gallery, Questacon, High Court etc and there are buses running regularly just around the corner every half hour.

Thanks again for your feedback - all comments are always welcome. I hope we can have the opportunity to host your next visit to Canberra.