Parklands Hotel & Apartments
Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$157
  • Pool
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Restaurant
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$143
$137
  • Restaurant
Pacific Suites Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$173
$115
  • Restaurant
Pavilion on Northbourne(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$85
East Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$151
$140
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsdickson shopswashing machinesecure parkingindoor poolclose to shopsbbq areaquiet locationone bedroom apartmentwell equipped kitchenself cateringcity centremin drivehot breakfastfree wifiapartment was cleanlounge roomplenty of parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We hired a one bedroom apartment as we were staying with our 9 year old daughter (advertised as suitable for 3 adults). We actually got a very small studio apartment (beds, sofa, fridge, TV all in the same room). Very low ceilings, tiny bathroom and absolutely not suitable for 3 people - especially since we were staying 3 nights. Rooms look tired, towels thin, pillows are cheap & uncomfortable.

Included was breakfast which was served in the basement - a very depressing room to start your day in. Staff are not very friendly. Not recommended!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Katrin S
General M, General Manager at Parklands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Katrin S,

Thank you for your review of the Parklands Apartment Hotel.

I would invite you to contact me directly at the hotel as the issues you had with our staff, the quality of towels and pillows are matters that concern me greatly and I want to investigate and rectify the situation as soon as possible, but I am unable to do so without your assistance.

Our towels are sourced through the premier linen supply company in Canberra, which is used by a large number of hotels in Canberra, however if they are supplying me with inferior quality towels it is a matter that I will take up with them, and I have already spoken to my housekeeping department to be more vigilant of the quality of the linen delivered. I offer you my sincerest apologies for the experience.

Our pillows are replaced on a regular basis to ensure guest comfort. Without know the room number you stayed in I am unable to specify as to when the pillows were last replaced, but I have instructed staff to go through all our triple studio rooms and check all the pillows.

I do wish to discuss with you the issues you had with reception so I can identify the areas or person in the team that needs extra training to ensure the 4-star quality we pride ourselves on.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was looking for accommodation close to the AIS in Canberra. The Parklands is very close, only 10 min by car. The rooms are warm and comfortable and there are an abundance of restaurants within 5min drive. However, my room, supposedly a one bedroom apartment, was incredibly small. The bathroom was so small there was no room to put anything near or next to the sink. The breakfast facilities were very poor. I will try somewhere different next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Paula D
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear Paula,

Thank you for your review of the Parklands Apartment Hotel Dickson. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs to be close to the AIS and that you found the restaurant district in Dickson conveniently close and with ample choice to tempt diners.

I am sorry that you found the bathroom vanity has insufficient space for your needs; all the units do have cupboard space underneath the sink counter for storing extra items.

I welcome any feedback from our guest to improve the product we offer and I urge you to contact me, directly at the hotel, to discuss how we can improve our breakfast service.

Thank you again for your review.
GM

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had 3 very comfortable nights and would stay again without hesitation. The location was 8 minutes from the CBD and close to Dickson shops with great restaurants and facilities. Rooms are a little aged but well maintained with lovely gardens, secure parking and excellent staff. The $ rate was fair.

Room Tip: Book early if parliament is sitting as it fills up quickly like much other Canberra accommodation.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Parklands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Unrealmate,

Thank you for staying at The Parklands Apartment Hotel in Dickson, and for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you found us conviniently close to the City and Dickson; and found us to be a good value.

We are proud of the product we offer and I think our pride is reflected in the care we take in looking after our guests and the rooms, we continually try to update and improve our rooms and appreciate the valuable insight our guests share with us as part of the reviews.

Thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back to The Parklands.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed with my mum & baby son for 3 nights. It was a very pleasant stay. I was there for work so didn't spend much time in the room but mum was really comfortable. I was a little concerned when I booked after reading some previous reviews but I can say nothing but good things about the place & staff. They even met me at the car & carried in all my luggage which there was heaps! They were happy to accommodate an early check in which I had requested upon booking. The one bedroom apartment is small but it was very clean & comfortable. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012
General M, General Manager at Parklands Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to favourably review our property and I am glad that you found our service and product of the high standard for which we always aim.

The one bedroom apartment as you noted is designed to allow for relaxation and spending time cooking, watching television in the loungeroom seperate the the bedroom, which many guest travelling with children, like you and your mother, find appealing.

I thank you again for your review and look forward to having your return to stay with us.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I love staying here when in Canberra. It is ideally located but out of the way of the hussel and bussel.
The place is tranquil and relaxing and the staff friendly.
I did not have the breakfast package on offer as it is not Ceoliac Friendly, though its a good reason to nic up the road to Deeko's Gluten Free Bakery/Cafe.

Room Tip: They have secure underground parking. They have a heated pool and gym, so if you have that in your daily routine, there is no reason to stop. Rooms are spacious and clean.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Parklands Apartment Hotel Dickson, I am glad to hear you find our rooms to your standards. I hope that you will continue to stay with us whenever you are in Canberra.

In response to our guest needs, we now offer gluten free bread and cereals as part of our breakfast buffet, and if we have forgotten to put them on display please let our staff know and they will be more than happy to bring you some to your table.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.