“Spanish”

Dining options: Reservations
canberra
“Spanish”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Sangria was good, food also interesting, Spanish waitress a gem she makes you want to go back again just for the hospitality!

• Visited May 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would you like oil with that?”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Well where should I start, we sat there for 20 minutes were given no menus. Then had a waitress come over to take our order and after saying we had no menus she then told us it didn't matter as we were a group of over 8 we had to have the tapas party menu.
Never have I eaten such oily food in my life there was not one dish that wasn't deep fried or absolutely drowned it oil, needless to say there was plenty left over. We then order some churros (if you could even call them that) over cooked hollow and tiny, the staff may all have Spanish accents but perhaps they should take a Spanish cooking lesson because the food and service is the biggest disappointment and waste of money. Honestly the only good thing I could say about this experience is the company, and the fact that I would never was my money at this restaurant again and intend to tell as many people as I can about the poor experience I had there.
No I am wasting my Sunday with a killer headache for the overdose of oil I received last night.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Swetooth
Devonport, Australia
“Muchos wonderful...”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The Pintxos menu was fantastic. The Spanish wines and beer was great, as were the waiters and waitresses, the atmosphere and all the items on the menu from octopus and chicken livers to cheese platter and sangria.

Music not too loud and a great ambience in general, even though it was only a Tuesday night - the $3 Pintxos night.

We were there with the family (17-81yr/old) and had a wonderful evening. Maybe the deceptive Sangria had something to do with it ;)

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank waltervp
Canberra
“Delicious Spanish”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Our group blew out last minutest were informed we needed the banquet menu, however, the food was amazing and they took into account food allergies and preferences, so we were all definitely well fed!

Visited March 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Tapas”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We squeezed in (without a booking) on sat evening. 4 tapas dishes & a salad. Yummy. No complaints. Basically reasonable value & tasty food. In retrospect we probably needed one more dish for our family of 4, some were still hungry. Rustic decor & cheery atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013