“And to think I thought YHA was the only backpackers here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canberra
Civic Pub Backpackers
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I came across this backpackers by the staff at YHA that also told me that YHA was full. I didn't expect much but the rooms were similar to that of other backpackers and at a competitive price. The up/downside is that downstairs is a bar which is good place for a drink but you can hear the music in your room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank rinkov

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I came across The Civic Pub Backpackers in a search for cheaper accommodation in central Canberra. Other cheaper accommodation was either way out of town, or at least not accessible by foot. The Civic Pub Backpackers are pretty much in the heart of the city and very close to everything you need.
On the outside it doesn't look like much, but once you walk inside, your insides melt. The decor is amazing and you instantly feel relaxed and welcome. The staff were very friendly on my arrival and from the point of asking for accommodation to having paid and in my room took all of 3 minutes.
The room itself is just a run-of-the-mill dorm as advertised, but I wouldn't call it a normal backpackers in the sense that there isn't a common room as such or an equipped kitchen to cook your own meals.
I noticed that someone else wrote about no blankets. There just happened to be one in my dorm which I could use because no-one was in my dorm. I would hope they have some that you borrow from downstairs, but it would be good to have them in the room already.
All in all, it suited my needs perfectly and I look forward to drinking quite a few beverages in the warm and inviting bar that awaits just below my room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Geoffrey_Dawson
Reviewed June 7, 2014

It is good to stay somewhere for a couple of nights and the cheapest i have found in Canberra. Convenient to get to shops and pubs/clubs. I also like that it is clean for a pub. The staff are also really nice. The drinks are in wide variety and very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The civic pub backpacker's is incredibly practical and conveniently located. The staff are helpful and accommodating and the facilities are well kept and clean. It was easy to book last minute- an incredibly good attribute for a backpacker's to have.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Civic Pub Backpackers accomodation is situated within easy walking distance of the city of Canberra, and the hub of the nightlife. It is clean and has all facilities necessary, however there are no blankets which could pose issues to some. For young backpackers, it is an extremely practical and equipped place to be lodged!! I would stay again in a heartbeat !

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Cheap, clean and everything you need. Comfy beds with sheets and towels, good showers, lockers in rooms, ample power points. Located above a really cool pub and 2 minute walk to the centre of the city.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I was stay 2 night.
the linens and towel were clean,
and output of shower was confortable temperture.
near to the mall.