“Excellent catering”

Ranked #9 of 84 Coffee & Tea in Canberra
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The best catering in canberra Very fresh and well priced no min order and can cater to your needs. Staff are very friendly and great coffee.

1  Thank Kate W

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was staying at Novotel and got told to try coffee ruckus I ended up having breakfast there for the 2 weeks I was working in Canberra I found the staff very friendly and welcoming the breakfast was perfect very fresh and made to order the coffee was perfect great too :) highly recommended I will def be back

2  Thank Wayne S
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went to try out this place due to the conflicting reviews. A fair amount of canberra's service industry is made up of uni students who aren't particularly invested which is a big juxtaposition to a cafe run by people who actually care and I suspect that is what has prompted the high volume of comments on the service rather than the products.

The cafe area is quite small but the location is outside of the busier garema place area so it was actually quiet on a saturday morning. There is no eftpos but there is an atm in the convenience store next door.

The menu is written up on the wall behind the counter, it isnt huge but almost everything can be carried out in one hand which will be useful for the office crowd during the week. I had the big breakfast, one of the few dine in in items and ordered a cappuccino. Normally I prefer dessert type coffees but the reviews have been mercurial so I went plain instead of using syrup although they do have the standard three flavours. (Only three, go canberra)

I sat down at a table that had a newspaper laid out for me to read, there was a mini sulo bin on the table for rubbish which was cute. The coffee turned up after about five minutes and was fine, light to medium flavour no bitterness or burn, good temperature. Another five minutes later the food arrived, the guy running the place was unobtrusive about delivery and went out of his way not to disturb me reading. The food was pretty good, it was the kind of breakfast I would make at home if I were any good at cooking. Soft white toast, eggs with soft yolk, soft bacon and baked beans. Nothing was burnt or hard and there was plenty of food on plate rather then a small amount architecturally sculpted. They also used normal bread for the toast rather than the focaccia canberra is beginning to become obsessed with. Believe when that bread goes past its used by date you need power tools to cut it. The only negative comment I have is that part of the egg white was over cooked and rubbery. Apart from that one of the best breakfasts I have had here.

3  Thank RXH2
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Tried coffee ruckus for our office catering extremely well priced and the food was fresh everyone loved it we will only use coffee ruckus from now on. I also get my coffee from there now and lunch sometimes always fresh and very friendly staff

1  Thank Brucejet
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Visited Cafe Ruckus on the basis of previous reviews with high expectation (it's #2 in Canberra!). Service excellent, staff very friendly however there is much better coffee in Canberra! Pies were fresh and reasonably flavoursome; coffee 6/10 not worthy of #2 in Canberra that's for sure. This is my first review and I felt so disappointed in Ruckus as #2 that I thought you should know.

2  Thank Michael B