East Hotel
Burbury Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$128
$113
  • Restaurant
Peppers Gallery Hotel(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$95
Novotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$90
Agoda.com
Mercure Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$151
$85
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$126
Hyatt Hotel Canberra(Canberra)
$169
Priceline
2,015 results
All reviewsjoe's barluxe studiofree lollieslolly jarsx boxnespresso machinemanuka ovalkingston shopsone bedroom apartmentmodern hotelfantastic hotelcooking facilitiesin houserooms are spaciousspa bathfull kitchenhome away from home
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The rooms and facilities at East Hotel were great and I had no problems with the hotel. However, the service was poor quality from arrival to departure and no one employed at the hotel seemed to care. My room was ready when I arrived which I expected but I didn't expect to be told to "go away and come back later". At check out I asked reception to book taxi for a specific pick up time. They clearly forgot but didn't have the integrity to admit they forgot and blamed it in the taxi company. As I said the rooms were great but plenty if hotels have great rooms and facilities, it is the service that differentiates the good from the great. I wouldn't stay here again by choice but I wouldn't refuse to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank fsplk
Todd H, General Manager at East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello fsplk,

Thank you for staying at EAST and taking the time to share your experience.

I must say, reading about your experience caught us by surprise. It seems quite uncharacteristic of my team or anything guests normally experience here but we take all comments very seriously. We have since spent time with our whole team and had some intense conversations and training to ensure no guest ever experiences again something as you have written about.

We do look forward to having the opportunity to provide a proper EAST Experience for you. Please do let us know the next time you travel to Canberra as we'd love to have you with us.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed four nights to catch up with friends and check out some exhibitions at the National Library, National Gallery and National Museum... all only 5 to 10 minutes drive away. Parking on-site for $10 a day, come and go as you please... not much on-street parking in this area, though.

Rooms are sleek and minimalist, grey and white with splashes of colour. Bathroom very well appointed, nice large bench for all your toiletries. Our room (312) overlooked busy Canberra Ave., but double glazing cut out all the noise. Manuka Oval is next door, and the Manuka shops with a full-size supermarket, pharmacy, news agency etc plus plenty of cafes and restaurants are only a 5 minute walk.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger with full kitchen and a balcony, ideal for a longer stay. Can also interconnect with a second normal-size room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank david1949

Hello david 1949,

Thank you for taking the time to quickly write about your 4 day tour of Canberra. Sounds like you were very busy during your stay and we are delighted to have been your central base during this time!

I do hope you return to catch up with your friends again soon! The Canberra wineries are celebrating the Harvest Festival this weekend, there is a Latin American film festival commencing this week at the National Gallery but it's on for a short time only, plus the Canberra marathon is on the third weekend in April. How else can I tempt you to return in the short term?

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The East Hotel is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. The decor and feel of the hotel and rooms in ultra modern and hip. The rooms were pretty much perfect, the kitchenette is a great edition for longer stays but there could have been more channels for the tv. I loved that there were bikes that you could borrow to ride around the city in, the lollies and lemon and mint water in the lobby, how your instagram photo could be featured in the elevator and the iMacs if you needed a computer for anything. Little details like these that just made the stay so much more pleasurable. I would definitely recommend checking out the Ox Eatery for Dinner and breakfast, both meals were perfect. I do agree with other reviewers about reception however, no warm friendly greeting upon arrival or departure- quite clinical customer service. This was the only fault.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank magnolia2211

Hello blackvarnish,

We love it when our guests love the little details!

Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to stay with us at EAST for your visit to Canberra and for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor!

We have worked with the team on warming up some of their personalities and giving them the confidence to do their tasks so they could let their personalities shine through. Thank you for your valuable feedback in this area too!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

After living in Canberra for a few years and moving on I recently visited and thought I would stay at East hotel, as realm is much more expensive for 0 reason and Hyatt reminds me of a retirement village. East is in a top location and walked to manuka's Ona cafe for breakfast in the morning. Ox is a nice place for an early drink in the evening too. Decor is funky throughout tho did notice some small imperfections in the building - didn't bother me the slightest however. Great hotel and will continue to book here upon my trips.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ian B
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I stayed for four nights mid February while in Canberra on holiday. Check in and check out staff were efficient and courteous but both were clinical without warmth or personality. I was not welcomed on arrival nor asked if I enjoyed my stay on departure.
We stayed in an EAST ONE BR APARTMENT which was very spacious with, a large comfortable bed, well fitted out kitchen with all necessary appliances, laundry with washer & dryer, good sized bathroom with large shower an toilet cubical. The apartment was nicely furnished with quality furniture & fittings.
The bedside lamps were stylish & attractive but totally useless for reading in bed. If you want to read in bed you need to bring the table lamp from the office desk into the bedroom.
Although the bathroom/shower /toilet area was clean, to the point of being virtually spotless, the rest of the housekeeping left a lot to be desired. The glass coffee table, windows & and window ledges, television & some other flat surfaces had dust & finger marks on them when we checked in & they were still there when we checked out. It also appeared that the carpets were not vacuumed daily.
Internet is free for the first 100mb daily and charged after that. On site parking is $10 daily for the convenience of under cover secure parking, & an elevator to your floor.
Based on other TripAdvisor negative reviews, we did not try the in house restaurant Ox Eatery. Noise from Ox can be annoying if you room is off the atrium. As East Hotel is located mid way between Kingston & Manuka shopping/restaurant precincts, there is a plethora of good eateries within a 5-10 minute walk, plus the Kingston Hotel across the road.
Would we stay here again?...Yes. Would we recommend to friends?...Yes.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple