East Hotel
Novotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$102
$99
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kurrajong Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$90
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Pacific Suites Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$165
Hyatt Hotel Canberra(Canberra)
$169
Priceline
  • Pool
Avenue Hotel Canberra(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$126
$120
Hotel Realm(Canberra)(Great Value!)
$130
$107
Travelocity
2,015 results
All reviewsjoe's barluxe studiofree lollieslolly jarsx boxnespresso machinemanuka ovalkingston shopsone bedroom apartmentmodern hotelfantastic hotelcooking facilitiesin houserooms are spaciousspa bathfull kitchenhome away from home
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lovely hotel. Stayed for two nights and it was very good. Luxe studio room was fairly spacious....clean and large bathroom with great amenities.Stayed with two young children and having the little kitchenette in the room with microwave was very useful. Would definitely stay there again! Loved the lobby area too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kazzzac
Todd H, General Manager at East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hello Kazzzac,

Thank you so very much for your review and for staying with us for your family trip to Canberra!

We look forward to your next stay in Canberra!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I travel to Canberra on regular basis on business trips,I was excited when I found out that there is a new hotel in town! I decided to try it out, my first impression was the lobby was nice and modern however the staff at the front desk were not friendly and made me feel pretty cold inside.. Even though it was my first time staying there they didnt go through the services and I didnt feel welcome.. When I ordered room service that night, I had to wait 1.5 hours and nothing, after I made a call the food arrived 20 mintues later. Next morning my tray was still outside of my room which is one of the things I hate.. That morning I needed to grab a coffee to go, around 10:00am from the cafe shop on the ground floor when I was told that they dont serve coffee after 10:00 and that section is closed, so unless you get down there for breakfast dont expect to get a coffee...I guess in a way it was good because I drove to Kingston and got a great coffee from a beautiful cafe! So to summarise my comments: Nice accommodation, but no serivce and the mattress is hard so in my books this hotel has failed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jorjet_NGS

Hello Jorjet_NGS,

Thank you for your response and your time on the phone.

We don't always match the needs and expectations of travelers but we hope through more and more people talking about their experiences on forums such as this, and through our website and marketing collateral that people know what to expect when they arrive.

I am glad we were able to discuss some of the downsides you mention: while it seemed like a long time for room service on a Friday night from Ox Eatery (a busy, popular restaurant), that it was actually less than an hour. It can seem longer when you're hungry! And Ox does close on Sundays at 10am after their breakfast service as Sunday afternoons and evenings are generally a very slow dining day for Canberra. I am glad this allowed you to go find one of the many great cafes in our area though.

I have also spoken to the team about the lack of personality you experienced and we have used this comment to constructively build on how we can be better and ensure that every interaction is even better for our guests.

It's a pity you don't travel to Canberra anymore as I would have liked to welcome you back for a more typical East Experience.

Thank you for the feedback and good luck in your travels!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place just never fails to keep on pleasing! This time we were part of a group of friends down in Canberra for a friend's 40th and stayed in a one bedroom apartment. Gorgeous comfy bed we could hardly get out of we slept so well, great in room kitchen for late morning refuels, a fantastic tub with spa jets and wonderful bathroom products. All combined with great service from the front desk and guest services alike! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank tuckergirls

Hello tuckergirls,

Thank you for yet another review of your positive experience at East Hotel!

We are so happy you had the opportunity to return and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our second stay at the East Hotel was even more luxurious than our first. At our check-in the young woman at reception advised that my preference for soft pillows, requested three months earlier on our previous stay, had already been supplied. Our Luxe suite was larger than before, and we felt truly pampered.

I dined alone for breakfast, my partner confinining himself to our room with fruit we had brought. A small triumph for him, perhaps. For my part, I enjoyed my own company replete with bircher muesli and luscious chunks of watermelon. Toasting myself a slice of white sourdough, buttered lavishly, I topped it with excellent creamy scrambled egg, mushrooms and a piece of crispy bacon. Lacking my preferred roast tomato accompaniment, a serve of baked beans proved an adequate side note. With the juice and pot of tea, I left well fuelled for the day ahead. In all, breakfast was reasonable value for the selection I made from the much wider offerings of the buffet.

Room Tip: Our Luxe Suite at the rear of the hotel was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyItinerant

Hello HappyItinerant,

We were delighted you had the opportunity to return to East Hotel and we are delighted the second visit surpassed your memories of the first visit.

I do hope you are like a growing number of travelers to the Nations Capital and make East Hotel your home-away-from-home. We'd love to have you return many times in the future!

And kudos to your narrative style - love it!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very comfortable weekend trip staying in a luxe studio. New, modern and spacious; with comfy bed and well appointed bathroom. So warm under the doona in the room we needed to sleep with the door open! Short stroll down Giles St to all the trendy eateries in Manuka. Would stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: luxe studio has a small balcony and was very pleasant to get a coffee and the paper and sit out there with the sunshine.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Droman_2035

Hello Droman_2035,

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us at East Hotel!

I am glad you not only enjoyed the hotel but also our great location and strolled to the local shops. We're very spoiled that way!

I would love to know how we could have achieved "perfect 5's" in your last stay as I'd love to update your profile for your future stays!