“A good healthy alternative”

My Rainbow-Dreams Vegetarian Cafe
Ranked #293 of 1,348 Restaurants in Canberra
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Does delicious vegetarian lasagne and salads, and a good selection of freshly squeezed juices. Also has a gluten free option on most dishes.
South-east Australia
“A good healthy alternative”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We went here and had good a delicious, filling and healthy lunch. I love the vegetarian lasagne (I suppose because I've always loved the taste of baked pumpkin) and salad and it was all good. The two of us were filled up for around $40, including coffees and a freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juice. We're trying to have regular meat-free days for our health and this is just the place to give us incentive to do so. Being blunt, this cafe doesn't have the glitter and sparkle of other more flashy places, but it's simply furnished because the focus seems to be on giving simple healthy meals. The people are friendly and the service is very good, and the fact that they have an option of gluten free on nearly everything (no excuse really to not be since they are next door to Deeks bakery and cafe) for my wife to be able to order pretty well anything on the menu makes it an more attractive option. Just to clarify, my wife and I are by no means vegetarian but we try to not eat meat every day and this cafe gives us a tasty and healthy option. I highly recommend it for a lunch or early dinner - they have long trading hours, from 8:30 to 5:30 on weekdays.

• Visited June 2012