“Excellent service and terrific food”
Review of The Artisan - CLOSED

The Artisan
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Had a date night with my wife there recently and it was fantastic. The food came out perfectly each time, the meat was cooked perfectly and the vegetable tender but not soft. The service staff were terrific and seemed to know exactly the time to come and fill our glasses and were all very knowledgeable about the dishes and the wine. I can't recommend the restaurant highly enough. Even the acoustics worked, the place was full and I could clearly hear the person at the table (quite a rarity I find these days). And this might sound weird but the green beans we ordered as a side were the most perfect I have ever tasted
I do have 2 minor quibbles. 1. I asked for the degustation menu but was told I could only have it if 2 people were ordering it, and 2. The view from the restaurant was less than thrilling.

5  Thank EmmettLeyne
There are newer reviews for The Artisan

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had seen all the reviews on Trip advisor and thought it was time to see for ourselves. We were not disappointed.
The food was absolutely wonderful and very interesting in terms of the flavour combinations and cooking techniques. There was nothing at all I could fault.
The service also could not be faulted.
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the place. Our table was at the back near the kitchen and it was great watching the preparation. The location is easy to get to with ample parking.
The only one thing I could criticise was that corkage costs $15 per bottle. I am currently only able to drink non-alcholic wine so had to bring a bottle and was chanrged $10 as it was not real wine which I consider much too much for corkage. The wine list appeared quite good though I did not sample from it on this occasion.
We will be back without a doubt.

4  Thank ktm76
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful evening with good friends, food and wine)) Booking a table at late notice was possible and the staff member was friendly and mist helpful! The location is out of the way but really it's only 10 minutes from the city! The decor is modern and pleasant to the eye! The acrostics work well and I could actually hear the conversation))
We selected the individual menu with the recommended wine and the 3 courses I had were superb!! Well cooked and plated with amazing flavours)) The wines were very good!! It cost about $110 per head and well worth the money!! I would gladly dine there again)))

3  Thank Steve803
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Recently dined here for our Anniversary. The service was great, the menu was creative and the wine list was quite extensive. My entrée and mains were both delicious and full of flavour. It is great to find such top class restaurants out of the city.

3  Thank Randall K
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We decided on Artisan based on Trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. On a barmy evening we sat in the window and selected wines with each course. The food was beautifully presented but as we were very hungry (pre MTB race the next day) we were looking for something substantial. Steak was cooked to perfection but i doubt i have ever seen a smaller portion of cannelloni. We managed 3 courses before we felt full and perhaps the staff could have suggested having sides with the main (as they were required)

1  Thank Joneep