“Full of flavour!”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Sydney
“Full of flavour!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic Friday night dinner here after reading the review in the Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide. The service was fast and the place filled up fast. Nice, relaxed atmosphere and just a little noisy but not so much that you couldn't hear yourself talk. The food is quite different from the usual Thai but its fresh, full of flavor and served generously. We shared a starter platter - everything was delicious but the green curry with the trout dumplings was the dinner hero. Easy to see why it's the house speciality! Yes, it's a little more expensive than other Thai restaurants, but it's worth it! Can't wait to go back next time we're in Canberra!

Austr
“Good but expensive”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

A colleague and I lunched at this establishment formerly Anise a fine dining restaurant now a Thai restaurant and wine bar. Why they decided to go with a Thai theme has me lost given the number of competing Thai establishments in Canberra city and the suburbs of the city. We had the spring rolls with which to begin as my colleague felt they were the best he had had anywhere, I must disagree with him totally, They were tiny and not all that tasty and expensive for four of them. We went with the chicken Pad Thai i cook better Pad Thai at home and have had much netter at say Alice's Thai in East Row and considerably less pricey. The pork dish was well cooked but not much pork in it lots of noodles and bean sprouts as a filler. The coconut ice cream was not a nice consistency at all crumbly if anything. The owner has tried hard he is a very good chef but he should stick with the fine dining food he was much better at that. Will I return? No it was poor value for money and average Thai food there is much better as I say Thai Cornar at Manuka would flog it in the quality and value.
Himself 10

• Visited August 2012
“Catered for seafood allergy”
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Dinner on a weeknight was quiet, and the waiter sat down with us to go over menu items and changes to cater for seafood allergy. What could change, swap or adapt, they did, and kept the seafood dishes separate. Not as much food for a banquet as you might expect, but all fresh and tasty.

Canberra, Australia
“Great Thai in Canberra”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went to Thirst on a Friday night, it was busy and noisy but still had a great atmosphere. The food was great and the best Thai I have had in Canberra. The prices are reasonable for a city restaurant but quite a bit more than your average Thai. Although there are specials on Tuesday nights. The service was quite good and they happily accommodated the 2 small children in our party.

We will be going back!

• Visited July 2012
nsw
“awesome authenic thai”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Recently went to Thirst after reading it had made it into the top 10 restaurants in Canberra for the second year running. I was a little concerned being called a wine bar first and an eatery second. I was worried it would be very loud with more of a bar type focus. Yes it was loud. It was after all a Friday night however with a comprehensive wine list and a few cocktails I think we really got into the swing of things and were soon enjoying the chatter and the general vibe of the place. This may have been a little more unforgiving had it not been for the super fabulous staff and the prompt service of awesome food. This is the closest to real street thai food I have even had in a restaurant. The flavours burst with freshness and I even discovered a few new ingredients that I was not even aware were available in Canberra. With a good bottle of wine 2 entrees 2 mains and a shared dessert it was not cheap but I would definitely go back. Well done.

• Visited July 2012