“Catered for seafood allergy”
Review of Thirst Wine Bar & Eatery - CLOSED

Thirst Wine Bar & Eatery
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Dinner on a weeknight was quiet, and the waiter sat down with us to go over menu items and changes to cater for seafood allergy. What could change, swap or adapt, they did, and kept the seafood dishes separate. Not as much food for a banquet as you might expect, but all fresh and tasty.

There are newer reviews for Thirst Wine Bar & Eatery

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went to Thirst on a Friday night, it was busy and noisy but still had a great atmosphere. The food was great and the best Thai I have had in Canberra. The prices are reasonable for a city restaurant but quite a bit more than your average Thai. Although there are specials on Tuesday nights. The service was quite good and they happily accommodated the 2 small children in our party.

We will be going back!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Recently went to Thirst after reading it had made it into the top 10 restaurants in Canberra for the second year running. I was a little concerned being called a wine bar first and an eatery second. I was worried it would be very loud with more of a bar type focus. Yes it was loud. It was after all a Friday night however with a comprehensive wine list and a few cocktails I think we really got into the swing of things and were soon enjoying the chatter and the general vibe of the place. This may have been a little more unforgiving had it not been for the super fabulous staff and the prompt service of awesome food. This is the closest to real street thai food I have even had in a restaurant. The flavours burst with freshness and I even discovered a few new ingredients that I was not even aware were available in Canberra. With a good bottle of wine 2 entrees 2 mains and a shared dessert it was not cheap but I would definitely go back. Well done.