“Garden Lovers' delight”
Review of Floriade

Floriade
Ranked #18 of 215 things to do in Canberra
More attraction details
Owner description: Festival of flowers. Entertainment, arts and crafts and gourmet food.
Calwell, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Garden Lovers' delight”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you need a good reason to visit the National Capital Floriade is the time to travel to Canberra. You will not be sorry as the displays are brilliant and the surrounding events are also worth a visit. we are from Canberra but still try to go at least once each year

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“loved it! beautiful flower! great family fun.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is probably my 3rd or 4th time to visit Floriade, over the last few years. I don't necessarily go every year, but I go when i feel like it. I went over the September long weekend. the weather was glorious. I was very lucky. the flowers are very pretty, and arranged in patterns.

although I must say i notice it is smaller in size this year, not as many varieties, mainly just tulips, and the patterns are not as amazing as before. the theme seem very loose. and didn't see any special exhibitions like last time, they had ppl putting flowers onto fashion garments as a competition...

also, notice official merchandise shop was ultra expensive, last time got some $2 bag and it was a good souvenir, to carry all the stuff I bought, it came with a metal pin. didn't see anything like that this year, its like minimum $10 spend on anything...

there was a market with lots of home grown/ home made products that ppl made/ grew from their farm. I really like that aspect of the markets. Every time I went I stocked up on the honey, jam, skincare stuff like hand scrub & creams & olive soaps, plus handicraft & candles etc! so much more interesting than buying in supermarket/ giant chain stores like kmart.

Have not tried the food there as it seem crowded and not much choices. Bought something in the Canberra Centre (shopping centre nearby) and brought it with me to eat in the garden.

overall I still think it was a wonderful outing and family friendly event, and its FREE!!

tip: bring, bottle water, sunscreen, hat. good walking shoes. and camera! :) I was there for about 2-3 hours. and took 300+ photos!!

1 Thank jetsetqueen54321
Canberra, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nightfest a huge disappointment”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was very excited to attend Nightfest this year as a recent resident to Canberra. I even planned to go on two or more nights. The comedy tent was a joke (my camping tent is larger), the food was insubstantial and terrible, and no chairs were provided for the main stage. For a free event this may be acceptable, but when I pay $25 to go to an event I expect a chair to sit in and a couple of decent food options. We will not be back.

Visited January 2013
7 Thank Lisa73_Canberra
Wollongong, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Was once glorious”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Local government cutbacks have seen this annual attraction shrink. It was once extensive, but now only seems to cover a portion of the area. It is a free event so I guess we can't complain too much. The weather is unpredictable too at this time of year. Floriade is not something that important to put on your Agenda. Make your trip to see more important places like the War Memorial.

Sydney
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“love Floriade”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Floriade is a beautiful flower event every Spring in Canberra. The amount of tulips and all Spring flowers is impressive.

1 Thank BrigitteSydney