“rude front desk staff”

Ranked #54 of 57 Hotels in Canberra
sydney
“rude front desk staff”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

extremely rude front desk staff.they treat you as if you are staying free.Not recommended at all.I dont know if staff is changed otherwise would definitely not recommend to stay.Average location,isolated from everything,average rooms and no recreation facilities.

Room Tip: avoid this like plague.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank deepak_rai
ceahotel, Owner at Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Deepak_Rai,
I am having trouble understanding what your concerns might be - please be informed that none of my staff are rude to our guests. We are located 2 blocks north of the CBD, a fantastic location from which to start exploring Canberra. Our rooms are very well maintained and represent great value accommodation in Canberra. The comments you make about my staff and my hotel are not correct.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bairnsdale, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My family and I stayed here for our Floriade visit October 2012. We were delighted with the bathroom toiletries they have provided, the lemon myrtle infused products were very relaxing. The 4 for the price of three breakfast buffet was also very welcome. The bedclothes were clean, the staff all friendly and helpful and even happy to chat with you if you require. We rested quite well as the room was quiet. Also, the milk and the kitkats were lovely! We also ate in the Haig Restaurant and my, was it sumptuous!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Malcolm A
Brisbane
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here one night in October 2012. My room had 5 beds, a little kitchen, and a nice fridge. We could have fitted the whole family (very unusual for a hotel room). Bed was very comfy, TV and kettle etc worked well. My room had a spa bath big enough for 2 adults. Blankets and sheets were crispy and comfy. I think my bed had memory foam. Ahhhhh. The hotel was quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful.

They have free Kit-kats in the fridge, and a very decent breakfast buffet for $15.00 + an on-site restaurant (I didn't try that). It was fine - nothing boutique, but perfectly adequate.

There is no porter, and no doorman, and nothing flashy that you would get a more expensive place. If you are expecting something super flash for the price, then you need to be more realistic.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms do not have as much sun as upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tuxcatt1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

we were extremely dissappointed in our room. It was nothing like the photos on the websight which i believe is false advertising. The room was in desperate need of a Revovation. we had four nights which was far too long in such drab surroundings. wont book it again. If you are looking for a clean bright room dont book this place, extremely disapointed. never again. the lighting is terrible. the breakfast was horrid.

Room Tip: Dont book this hotel if you want a quiet romatic weekend
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kathleen M
ceahotel, Owner at Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Kathleen M,
I think you might be somewhat confused - the photos and the HD video on our website are correct. We have new queen beds and king single beds in all of our rooms - new split air conditioning in all our rooms - new solid ash timber furniture in all our rooms - rooms are painted regularly - new 48 oz wool carpet in all our rooms - lots of amemities in our rooms. I can only wonder what you concerns were with our $15 fully cooked buffet - all of our regular guests love it.

Travelers are raving about these Canberra hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I went down to Canberra to see a band, we got back to our room at 2am and left the next morning at 8am. The bathroom was clean, the beds comfortable. We never usd any of the hotel restaurants or facilities.
Stay here if you (like us) just need a bed close to the CBD. Dont stay here if you want more from your room or you are expecting the Ritz, its just not going to happen!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stumpy308
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised. Room was small but clean and comfortable. We used the spa and that was fantastic. Great for those on a budget and good family accommodation.............

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Vbuttigieg
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

While the hotel is close to the CBD, there are several reasons why this is a cheap hotel to stay in. I booked a one bedroom spa suite and upon entering the hotel immediately asked to check out and have my booking fee returned. I was told this was not possible as any changes must be made 48 hours PRIOR to check in. This seemed strange as it's impossible to know what the room will be like before checking in. Essentially I was trapped into staying here. My room was dingy and dark, with holes in my blankets on the bed. Bathroom had not been well cleaned with mould and hair from previous guests. I could hear the ENTIRE conversation of the couple in the room next to me. When I asked to be moved to a different room, reception refused and sent up some ear plugs. At 6pm at night! It is concerning that reception offer free ear plugs as a solution to noise in rooms. The walls are so thin that at 1am I was awoken by the guest next to me and his female "companion". Was disgusting!
I did not stay the entire time I was booked in and upon checking out early, I asked the VERY rude and unhelpful staff whether I needed to sign anything to which I was answered "nuh, just give me your key". There was no concern that I was checking out early and why I might have been doing so. When I initially checked in with several bags, I was pointed to a trolley to which to take my things to my room. Myself. No one at reception offerred to help and it was only when a fellow guest assisted me that I made it to my room. I will NEVER stay here again and have advised ANU campus that they do NOT put guests up in this hotel. It was disgusting.

Room Tip: A tip to choosing a good room here would be to choose no room at all. Clifton suites on northbourne...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Amina K
ceahotel, Owner at Capital Executive Apartment Hotel Canberra, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam ( Amina,K),
Photos of our rooms are on our website and also of wotif.com. We do not have a porter service which is advertised on our website and also on wotif.com. We are a very popular hotel used by the ANU. We have a cleaning contractor available 24 hours a day; if your room was not to your satisfaction, all you had to do was let any of our team @ Reception know and the problem would have been fixed asap. Our one bedroom spa suites are very popular with everyone who stays with us. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a pleasant one.
I feel it is very wrong of you to slander my hotels' good name.
Yours sincerely, Jim @ ceahotel.com.au