Tripadvisor
Canberra
1,857 results
All reviews atrium bar indoor garden central atrium spa suite buffet breakfast free secure parking light rail car park northbourne avenue dickson shops city centre comfortable bed room service plenty of parking the air conditioning visiting canberra convenient location
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

We enjoyed our stay. The accomadation was very good and the staff friendly and helpful. The room was large with a separate bedroom. We really enjoyed the stay. The free drink vouches made a great end to our day.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Traveled as part of a family holiday and stayed one night in January 2020.

Really enjoyed the indoor bar area, the comfortableness of the room and the incredible cocktails made by the staff ;-)

Only downside was one of our party had an issue with the Aircon in their room seemed to only be Super Hot or Super cold as the options that worked

1  Thank jonathanc450
Reviewed January 17, 2020

I first reviewed the Pavilion on Northbourne in 2008 - it was my first ever Trip Advisor review. Since then, I have stayed at the Pavilion on well over 50 occasions and is my "home away from home". I have stayed at the nearby Hotel Realm, the Crowne Plaza, the Forrest Hotel and Apartments - pretty much everywhere in Canberra, but I keep coming back.

Easily worthy of its self-rated 4 1/2 stars, the Pavilion offers exceptional value for money. The staff are friendly and eager to help. The rooms are spacious, modern and immaculately clean. The room service is fast with a great variety of meals and excellent portion sizes. The hotel breakfast is worth $20.00.

I honestly cannot speak highly enough of this hotel and the staff. I have been fortunate enough to stay in some of the world's leading hotels - but the Pavilion continues to provide me with everything I need for an enjoyable stay. Whether it be for business or pleasure, if you are in Canberra and need a place to stay, you cannot go past this hotel.

Room tip: It's worth paying for a room upgrade.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2020

The accommodation was very good. Will stay there again. Canberra, however, was very smokey because of the bush fires. We had planned to go to the Art Gallery but it was closed. The accommodation was quiet handy to the CBD and the eating places of Dickson which were a surprise for us.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dan B, Front Office Manager at Pavilion on Northbourne, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear Fiona S,

So sorry your dates happened to be back when Canberra was inundated with smoke. I am very happy to state that the Air Quality is almost back to normal and that all Canberra Attractions are open and running. Hopefully you can come join us again to experience the Matisse/Picasso exhibit at the NGA which runs until April 13th, or the DreamWorks Animation at the National Museum of Australia before it finishes on the 2nd of February, just to mention two of the many reasons to come to Canberra. We do appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back really soon.

Kind Regards
Dan Brophy
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Would have been a very comfortable night were if not for the bushfire crisis and the awful smoke that eventually filled the hotel. Couldn't turn off the airconditioning to prevent more smoke coming in to our room.
The staff, however, were very attentive and we couldn't fault their service. Well done to those employees who elected to work on New Year's Eve and man the bar so guests could have somewhere to eat, as going out was impossible given the conditions in Canberra that night.

Date of stay: December 2019